States not showing in Registration

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 months ago #75134

I just upgraded to 2.0 today, and now when the customer goes to the registration form, the dropdown to choose the state is not there. I have only the country zone "United States of America" published. I created another country zone (USA) and created sub zones using the states. The states are initially not there. When I choose "USA" then it populates the states dropdown. If I go back to "United States of America" it keeps the states. They are just not initially appearing and no way to get them to show when only one country zone is published.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
11 years 4 months ago #75190

You must have either a javascript error on your website or you had edited one of the of the views of the registration area and because of that you didn't get the modifications for the new country/state system in 2.0

So you should first check your browser javascript error log for that page to see if you have any error. And check that you didn't edited one of the files of the view "user" or the file "login" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views.

11 years 4 months ago #75312

None of the user view files were edited, nor the login of the checkout view.

I did see an error in the log file. It looks like it may be related:

Cc["@mozilla.org/timer;1"].createInstance(Ci.nsITimer).initWithCallback({notify:function(){IsBusy()&&ReturnErrorCode(2)}},2E3,Ci.nsITimer.TYPE_ONE_SHOT)},datacancel:function(){this.server.datacancel()},getState:function(){return GetState()},_pin:null,_auth:null,getAuth:function(){return this._auth},setAuth:function(a){this._auth=a},getPin:function(){return this._pin},setPin:function(a){this._pin=a},getStorageEngine:function(a){LOADED==0&&LoadFilesDelayed();return getDatasourceAttribute(a,"engine")},

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #75477

Same problem here .. javascript console isnt showing any errors.

MItrax Trading
www.mitrax.com.au

11 years 4 months ago #75534

Can you give a link to your shop so that we can see that ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mitrax

11 years 4 months ago #75540

www.fudgebydesign.com

To get to the registration, just choose "Flavors of Fudge" under the "Order Fudge" menu on the top. Just add a flavor into the cart, and it takes you to the registration page.

For the moment, I created two countries to be the same, and gave one the label of "Select Country" so people don't wonder why the states are blank.

Thanks for checking into it.

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by fudge4u. Reason: more info

• Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #75577

Its www.mitrax.com.au .

Thanks for looking into this.

MItrax Trading
www.mitrax.com.au

• Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #75585

Good thinking .. this is a good workaround.

MItrax Trading
www.mitrax.com.au

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 4 months ago #75869

Hi,

You need to go in the menu Display->Custom fields and edit the address_country field and save it so that the new default value becomes the one left published because otherwise, the default one is France. Because of that the system tries to load the states from France but since you unpublished all of them, you just don't get the dropdown.

Or try to install the latest version from our website, and set another default state in the address_state custom field.

@Mitrax, the states seems to be displayed fine in your registration step.

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Xavier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iesan

11 years 4 months ago #75939

Thank You. I set the default to "USA" and unpublished the "select country" workaround and all seems well.

• Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #75995

yes my site is fine now thanks.

MItrax Trading
www.mitrax.com.au

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 2 months ago #85341

I'm experiencing the same issue and have checked the above suggestions with no luck. The 'state' zone shows on the registration, but the dropdown menu is not there as it used to be. I have spent the entire day re-checking everything but I've been able to find anything. You will notice I've added a separate dropdown menu for the states, but regardless of what you select, it doesn't hold the value, therefore it does not add the appropriate tax and shipping.

Any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Site: http://eastcoasthydrofoils.com

Joomla 2.5.8
HikaShop Essential 2.0.0

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sarrells.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 2 months ago #85345

Here's what seems to have been the fix...

I attempted this earlier and it did not make a difference. I did it again this evening after unpublishing/publishing the country.

I went to 'Zones' and selected 'United States of America'. Then I added all of the states to the sub-list. It's easy to add them all at once by using the dropdown to select 'states', making sure to display 'all' at the bottom of the popup window so that all states get added.

After a few tests, it seems to be working now.

Hope this might be of some help to someone later on.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Xavier

7 years 3 months ago #257738

I believe i have followed your advice exactly, and still have zero states showing.

The only country published is the USA, and the only states published are the US states, but in the checkout when adding the address, no states are shown for any region.

Here is a screenshot showing all four pages, the registration page with no states available to choose, the country default showing the USA, and the sates default showing as Alabama and the last showing what is published and not

Thoughts?

Attachments:

7 years 3 months ago #257818

Hi,

The problem is that the default value of the country field is not stored in the database. Edit the country field and save it once. Then, edit the state field and save it once.
It should then work properly.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds