Varients not copying

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #208450

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

Hi, With the new update (2.5.0) the variants are not copying across when copying a product, this is quite an inconvenience due the large number of variants, I now have to add manually when adding a new product and this is a huge time consuming exercise.

Please fix this ASAP.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 9 months ago #208496

Hello,
I just tested it with the last Hikashop version using the "Copy" button through the "Hikashop->Producs" menu and it worked fine, the variants were correctly copied.
Can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ?

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #208582

Hi, I have done this and this seems to have partially cured it? it a bit hit and miss? some products will copy the variants across and some do not?

I have also noticed that when previously making a change to the main product code the changes got reflected in the variants this now appears to not be happening any more? can this also be fixed.

thanks

• Thank you received: 13082
8 years 9 months ago #208608

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
There is only one issue which is that the product code of the variants is not updated when you change the product code of the main product. So if you copy a product where the product code of the main product is not in synch with the variants, the variants won't be copied, which was not happening before as the variants code was updated when you changed the main one.
I've added a patch so that the product_code is synched with the new product edition interface.
Can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ? It should all work fine now.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #208670

Hiya, I have downloaded the new version again and still the variants are not syncing with the main product even if I replace the main product code?

thanks

8 years 9 months ago #208680

Hi,

It works fine for me.
Are you sure that the product on which you tested already had the product_code of the variants synched with the main product before changing the product_code of the main product ?
Otherwise, it wouldn't work.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #208811

Hi No that's the problem, when changing the main product code, the variants do not get synched with the main product code like they used to?, therefore I cannot copy with out manually changing the variants?

Is there a way to force the variants to synch with the main product code?

thanks

8 years 9 months ago #208817

Hi,

With the new version I published, the variants code is synched with the main product code.
This just requires that the first time you change the main product code, the variants are already matching the main product code (that's what I said in my previous message).
If that doesn't work on your website, it's probably because you're testing the changing of the main product code with a product which already doesn't have matching variants product code.
Try with a new product with new variants that are synched. It will work as it does on my end.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #209164

Hi Nicolas,
Please see the attached jpg's. The first one is the main product code which previously when changing this also changed the variant code to match. The second is the variant code which as you can see is the same as the main code BUT when I change the main code it no longer changes the variant code to match the changes? this did change in previous versions?

What I am trying to say here is that in previous versions if I wanted to change the main product code the variants code automatically changed as well, this no longer happens

Sorry just found another problem, when selecting a 'variant' there is an option to 'copy' this does not work?

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by mohairbears.

8 years 9 months ago #209168

Hi,

It was doing it in the previous versions yes.
And the patch I've published a few days ago makes it work again.
So if that doesn't happen, all I can think of is that you have a build older than then 16th of july on your website.
Go in the HikaShop configuration and look at your version in the advanced settings section and provide the number there.

If you need to copy variants, you can just check the checkbox of the variants you want to copy and you'll see a "duplicate" button appearing at the top of the variants listing that you can use for that.

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by nicolas.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #209265

Hi Currently; HikaShop [1507161629]

I have just done another re-install after downloading again and it is now; HikaShop [1507230156]

This has fixed the 'variants' copying issue but I still cannot get the system to automatically change the variants name when changing the main product name like it used to?

8 years 9 months ago #209302

Hi,

The variants name has never changed when you were changing the main product name.
This was only the case for the product code. So that's normal.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #209390

Hi sorry that was a typo what I am referring to is the 'product code'

Now when I have to amend 'product codes' it no longer changes the variants 'product codes' like previously.

thanks

8 years 9 months ago #209414

Hi,

It does on my end.
Please provide a backend access and a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can look at that issue because we cannot reproduce the issue with the same version of HikaShop on our end where it works just fine.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #209478

pm sent.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 9 months ago #209480

Hi,

We have a message in the "contact" box (through the "contact us" form) ; thanks.
But the message only provide user/password but I don't see any link to the website.

Would it be possible to have the website link ? (you can send it also using the "contact us" form if you want to keep it private).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #209510

sent new mail

8 years 9 months ago #209561

Hi,

Thanks for the link.
I was able to perform some test and I realized that a patch wasn't included in the release package.
So I update your website with the fix and I'll update the downloadable package as soon as possible.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
8 years 9 months ago #209651

Hi Jerome, sorry this is still not working, let me know when you have patched the update and I will download again.

thanks

8 years 9 months ago #209653

Hi,

I'm sorry but after I patched your website I performed a test.
And when I modify the product code of a product, the product code of his variants is also modified.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds