[solved] Duplicate products after modify

• Thank you received: 3
7 years 6 months ago #253183

-- HikaShop version -- : Business: 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.38

Hello. Since I update my Hikashop version I have a extrange behaviour in backend -> products.

When I edit a product, and I assign new categories to it. When I save changes and return to the backend, multiple copies of the same product appear, one for each new category I assigned to product. But all of them have the same Id as you can see in attached image.

Is it a bug?
Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by pljuarez.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 6 months ago #253185

Hi,

It's not a bug. Your product is in several categories and you've configured your products listing to display all the sub elements of all the categories. So you see the product for each category it is in.

7 years 6 months ago #253325

Hello, tanks for your response.
But in previous versions this didn't happened. I've always had this configuration to see my products and had never appeared duplicates.
In addition, the dropdown only allows me to see "all" (with duplicates) or "direct subelements". This is not useful for my client because, despite he have several different categories, he needs to see all products without duplicates, as it appeared in previous versions

How can I do it?

Regards

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 6 months ago #253338

Hi,

Yes, before it only displayed the products once in the listing regardless of the number of categories.
We had to do that change so that you can now reorders products in categories even with the "all sub elements" option selected as we had a lot of people not understanding why they couldn't reorder the products.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to have both once the product regarldess of its categories AND the reordering with the "all sub elements" option support.
So if you want that, you would have to revert the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php to the old version of the file:

File Attachment:

File Name: view.html_...0-24.zip
File Size:16 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by nicolas.

7 years 6 months ago #253429

Thanks Nicolas.

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by pljuarez.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds