Ajax file - custom field doesn't complete upload

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
7 years 2 months ago #260915

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.0

Hi
I've created a custom field of type ajax file. Whenever I drop files (pdf) to the ajax file drop area, they never completes (see attached).
The normal "files area" works just fine if I drop the same files in that.

Can you confirm this bug?

EDIT: The file IS uploaded to the media/com_hikashop/upload/safe folder, but upload doesn't complete, so the file is never "registered" with the product.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by rasmus@opdagverden.dk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 2 months ago #260917

Hi,

So I did a test on my end but I didn't get that behavior.
I actually found another bug with custom fields of the type ajax file/image and the table "item" which I fixed and added the patch to the install package on our end.
If your custom field is of that table, then it might help.
Otherwise, it's likely not a bug of the 3.0.0 but simply a problem with the permissions preventing HikaShop from uploading the file or moving it to the destination folder or something.
Try to download the install package on our website again and install it on your website.
Check that the HikaShop's upload folder permissions and the ones of the tmp folder of Joomla and PHP are correct too.
If you still have the problem after that, could you provide a screenshot of the settings of your custom field so that we can try to reproduce the problem in close conditions to what you have ?

7 years 2 months ago #260988

I've updated with the latest hikashop available on download. Issue remains.
Please see this video of the issue: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2592749/hika..._ajax_file_issue.mp4

7 years 2 months ago #261017

Hi,

See why we tell you to provide as much information as possible when you post a new thread.
The issue you have only happens with a custom field of the table "product" while we tested with a custom field of the table "item" (the most used one for ajax file/image custom fields). That's why we couldn't reproduce the problem.
Thanks to the settings of the custom field in the video, I could reproduce the problem and fix it. I added the patch to the install package on our end so you can download it again and install it on your website in order to get that fixed.

7 years 2 months ago #261071

Thanks - seems to be working now. It is, however, not possible to link multiple files in the Ajax File field, like with product files?

7 years 2 months ago #261072

Another thing I noticed - I have translated some of my custom fields in a language override. They're still translated in frontend but no longer in backend?

I also noticed, that even though I have "Quantity field on 'Add to cart' button" set to no, I still get a quantity field on my product page. Menu item set to inherit on Quantity field - even tried setting it to no. Still displaying the quantity field?

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 2 months ago #261075

Hi,

1 - That's right, the "file" custom field just allow to upload one single file.
Maybe an option will be added in the future to allow multiple file but some restrictions should be added too.

2 - Which setting are you talking about exactly ?
Can you provide a screenshot of your configuration ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 2 months ago #261188

will get back with screenshots - do you have an idea about this:

Another thing I noticed - I have translated some of my custom fields in a language override. They're still translated in frontend but no longer in backend?

What could cause this issue? I mean, the translation works in frontend, but not in backend for the same custom fields?

If I debug language in backend, I see other language constants marked like this: **Label** whereas my custom fields have ??Label??
From Joomla documentation: (text surrounded by pairs of question marks) indicates that the string is translatable but no match was found in the language definition file.

EDIT: My bad!!! Had switched backend language, so was missing the translated strings. So stupid!

7 years 2 months ago #261194

Hi,

We would also need more information for that issue. Could you do a screenshot of the custom field settings, of the translation overrides for it, and of the place in the backend where that happens ?

7 years 2 months ago #261256

No issue regarding the translation of the custom fields. Was a simple mistake by me. Had switched backend language, so was missing the translated strings in the active backend language...

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds