automatically add product when landing on article?

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #18362

How can i Automatically add a product to the cart from a link without leaving the page it landed on?

What i am trying to do is Create a link that will take you to an article, but as soon as you get to that article there is a product added to the cart. I want them to be able to stay on that page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
12 years 11 months ago #18382

Hi,

You should look at that thread: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...shopping-pop-up.html
It explains how the add to cart url can be tweaked to include a link where HikaShop will redirect once the product in the URL is added to the cart.

12 years 10 months ago #21198

$phone = $plan = false;
foreach($this->rows as $i => $row){
if($row->type_of_product=='plan') $plan=true;
if($row->type_of_product=='phone') $phone=true;
}
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
if($phone && !$plan){
  $app->redirect('http://www.iqcellular.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18');
}elseif(!$phone && $plan){

}
   if($plan){
  $app->redirect(hikashop::completeLink('product&task=updatecart&product_id=8&quantity=1&add=1&return='.urlencode(base64_encode(hikashop::currentUrl()))));   
 }

so i added the above code to the what i had working before the idea is that if plan is true to add product of the id 8 to the cart but it's now going through. what i am getting is this.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Rickhavoc.

12 years 10 months ago #21210

the line:
$app->redirect(hikashop::completeLink('product&task=updatecart&product_id=8&quantity=1&add=1&return='.urlencode(base64_encode(hikashop::currentUrl()))));

should be:
$app->redirect(hikashop::completeLink('product&task=updatecart&product_id=8&quantity=1&add=1&return='.urlencode(base64_encode(hikashop::currentUrl())),false,true));

12 years 10 months ago #21268

i got it working like this. there was more to it then what i thought. would it be better to use the base64 way or would it be just the same like this.

$phone = $actfee = $noplan = $plan = false;
foreach($this->rows as $i => $row){
if($row->type_of_product=='plan') $plan=true;
if($row->type_of_product=='phone') $phone=true;
if($row->product_code=='One_time_Activation_Fee') $actfee=true;
if($row->product_code=='no_plan') $noplan=true;
}
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
if($phone && !$plan){
$app->redirect('http://www.*********.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18');
}elseif(!$phone && $plan){}
else{
}

if(!$noplan){
  if($plan && !$actfee){
  $app->redirect('http://www.********.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=updatecart&quantity=1&checkout=1&product_id=8');
  }
  elseif(!$plan && $actfee){
$app->redirect('http://www.**********.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=updatecart&quantity=0&checkout=1&product_id=8');
}
  }

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Rickhavoc.

12 years 10 months ago #21289

It's the same in your case (when the code is run on the first step of the checkout).

12 years 9 months ago #21584

i need a product to be added to the cart then the link will take you to a menu item link.
i base64 encode the link first then urlencode it and the link is still taking me to the cart after adding to the cart.
the complete link is
"index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=updatecart&quantity=1&checkout=1&product_id=7&url=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5pcWNlbGx1bGFyLmNvbS9pbmRleC5waHAvcGhvbmVzL2NhdGVnb3J5L2xpc3Rp%0d%0abmc%3d%0d%0a"

the link that was encode is www.iqcellular.com/index.php/phones/category/listing

Thanks.

12 years 9 months ago #21598

You need to remove the &checkout=1 from that URL, otherwise, it will force the system to redirect to the checkout and will ignore the return_url. Also, it should be &return_url= and not &url=

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds