Login / registration on page rather than in popup

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
13 years 5 months ago #2656

On the login page of the checkout process the customer can click on "New" to enter a billing address which opens a popup box, the formatting of which is quite ugly. Is it possible to have this link open on a page rather than in a popup?

cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13086
13 years 5 months ago #2657

No, it's not possible. However, the popup page is also part of your template. It's the file component.php of your template. You can customize it as much as you want.

• Hikashop Business
13 years 3 months ago #4954

Hi Nicolas,

This is a fairly major issue for me so I want to pursue alternatives if possible. The template component.php ignores the formatting from the underlying template so it looks ugly. Also, I'm concerned about browser compatability and what happens if a user has popups or lightboxes blocked.

Is there any other way to have the address details on the page rather than in a lightbox popup?

cheers!

13 years 3 months ago #4960

Hi,

Again, you can change your component.php so that it loads the necessary CSS which is used on your template index.php.
Popups can be blocked by browsers. But this is not a real popup. It's a javascript popup and they aren't blocked by browsers.

• Hikashop Business
13 years 3 months ago #5030

Thanks!

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by JIK.

13 years 3 months ago #5037

Did you find the answers to the questions you posted before editing your post about the registration screen ?

• Hikashop Business
13 years 3 months ago #5141

Sort of. I worked out how to remove the login part on the left thanks to another post.

I have subsequently upgraded to Essentials and am now trying to get my head around the registration options therein and how they will work with my site. Will probably have to post something about that later.... :( Need to solve my add to cart problem first!

cheers

• Hikashop Business
13 years 3 months ago #5308

Questions now relating to the process for creating the account registration, and to assist other Hikashop users, some observations!

With Hikashop Essentials, I can change whether or not the user must register under Configuration > System > Display but in reality there must be a registration regardless.

In all cases - under Joomla’s global configuration, Allow User Registrations must be set to YES or the user will see Registrations not allowed in the checkout process. If account activation is also set to YES, users will not be able to proceed through the checkout until they have confirmed their account via an emailed link.

When this option is set to "no registration" the fields name, username, password and password verification from the HikaShop registration form will be removed and no Joomla user account will be created for the user on the website.

The customer still has to fill out some sort of registration form with at least an email to allow Hikashop to create and store the order. Other fields such as firstname, address must be unpublished in Display > Custom Fields.

When it is set to "simplified registration", those fields (name, username, password and password verification) will also be removed but an account will be automatically created for the users and an email will be sent to him with his assigned username and password.

In this case the user will not be able to login later unless a login area is provided in the Joomla setup.

When this option is set to registration, the users will have to register on the website during the checkout. This option is available in all commercial versions of HikaShop (since 1.3.7). On the starter edition only the registration mode is possible.

Fine!

In all cases, the details of the order are sent to the customer via email which includes a hyperlink to the order online – the customer is required to login so a login form needs to be provided. This is not possible if the lgoin part of the registration page is removed as per this post.

Q1: How do you remove the hyperlink from the email? Do I have to upgrade to Hikashop Business to do this?

Q2: When set to “Simplified Registration” how do you stop the registration email containing the user account details being sent?

In allowing login’s I need to now visit the CAPTCHA plugin as described here. Not a problem, just another level of complexity!

Note: Changing the title/heading in the language file of the front end “Registration” page (HIKA_REGISTRATION="Registration") changes it in the back end System > Display as well. Not a major issue but may confuse administrators.

Cheers!

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by JIK.

13 years 3 months ago #5309

Hi,

If you set the "registration" option to "no registration" even if the joomla registration is not allowed, the user registration screen of the checkout will still be displayed. Also, in such case, no account will be created in joomla and no user account email will be sent. You're talking of the behavior of the system when the "registration" option is set to "simplified registration".

• Hikashop Business
13 years 3 months ago #5310

Okay. So how do you remove the hyperlink to the order in the order creation email the user receives?

13 years 3 months ago #5311

That's a good point. That link shouldn't be in the email.

You can edit the files media/com_hikashop/mail/order_creation_notification.html.php and media/com_hikashop/mail/order_creation_notification.txt.php and change the line
$url = $data->order_number.' ( '.$data->order_url.' )';
to
$url = $data->order_number;

We will make that automatic in next version.

• Hikashop Business
13 years 3 months ago #5312

Excellent! Thank you! :)

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds