Add Login/Register Link

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #4059

I would like to add a link in the header of my site that varies depending on whether or not the user is logged in. If logged in, it would read "Welcome back [username]" and if not, it would read "Login / Register" with a link to the login page. This is my first time using HikaShop so if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 4 months ago #4061

Do you mean like the login we have on our website ?

That is a joomla login module.

You can find a lot of them out there: www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie...=joomla+login+module
For example, this one: www.joomlathemepro.com/en/extensions/8-m...odule-voor-joomla-15

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #4066

Yes this is basically what I mean. Would this work specifically with HikaShop though? Meaning if I use the "Create Account" button, and go through the process, would I then be able to login with that account in the future and not have to fill anything out when checking out? Thanks for the quick reply!

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 4 months ago #4068

Yes. HikaShop actually just display the views to gather the user login/registration data on the checkout and then gives that data to joomla. So when you register through HikaShop, it's a normal joomla user which is created. So you can safely use joomla's login modules/registration screen next to hikashop and have a full compatibility between them.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds