fields for Product Import

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #4084

Hi again,

I understand the procedure behind importing the products. but the documentation only gives 2 or 3 examples of the fields used.

Is there a list of the all the fields that can be used for the product import.

also, is there an "export" option? i would like to edit my current products and an excel .csv file is going to be by far the quickest way.

Thanks
Stuart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 4 months ago #4087

Hi,

You can try to use the text area to see which fields are needed:
Turn off the update option and put only one line in the text area with somethign random like qwerty
That will display an error message with the list of fields you can use.

Also note that you don't have to enter all the product information when you update your products.

You can just use the product_code field ( that's the field used by the system to look in the database for an existing product with the same name ) and the field you want to update.

For example, if you want to set a weight of 1 kg to your products you can use that:

product_code,product_weight,product_weight_unit
product_code1,1,kg
product_code2,1,kg

All the data already in the database will stay and the new information will overwrite the existing one (make sure you use the latest version as updates are not possible with previous versions).

There is no export yet. We just released the update feature of the import last week so it's going to take some time before we have an export of products.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds