How to: Show the right currency

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #4159

Hi,

I'm trying to use the business edition auto currency update feature, but cannot get it working the way I have it in mind.

My base currency is Thai Baht. I have defined additional currencies to be Euro and US$. When I enter only Thai Baht prices in my products, on the product detail page it shows my product with the right price in either Euro or Dollars.

However when I show a page with all products in a product category, it shows all prices in Thai Baht, whateven the currency I selected in the currency selector. How can I show the prices there in Euro or Dollars too?

Secondly, is it possible to set the system to show Euro or Dollar prices automatically instead of the default currency? Ideally if a customer logs in the currency should change based on the zone the customer is in. But if I could force the system to start up in another currency that could work too.

Thanks.

Gert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13116
13 years 5 months ago #4167

Hi,

Maybe there is a bug but it's working fine on our end. When we change the currency in the currency selector, the page is refreshed with the prices in the correct currency. Could you give us a link to that page along with a screenshot of the configuration of one of the products displayed ?

For your second point, that's something we are currently looking into. We should have a solution ready soon.

13 years 4 months ago #4289

Hi Nicholas,

It took a while because we were out for Christmas.

Anyway, this is the page that is causing me problems: www.thaihandmadecraft.com/cms/index.php?...re&Itemid=22&lang=en .

Attached are the pictures of the page and the productdefinition for the first product.

Hope you can find out what is wrong.

For the second: Any idea when this will be available?

Thanks again,

Gert.

Attachments:

13 years 4 months ago #4290

Here is the other image:

Attachments:

13 years 4 months ago #4299

Hi,

1. Could you try to change the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/currency.php by the one in the archive enclosed ?
If that doesn't fix the problem, could you do a screenshot of the options of the module with the id 92 ? You can find them via the menu Display->Content modules and then click on the module 92.

2. We finished implementing the solution which is tested and working on our end. It will be available in next version which should be out next week.

File Attachment:

File Name: currency-20101231.zip
File Size:10 KB

Attachments:

13 years 4 months ago #4300

maybe a helpful comment,

the currency does not change for me when viewing the category either... it just stays in Baht.

(on this page)
www.thaihandmadecraft.com/cms/index.php?...re&Itemid=22&lang=en .

13 years 4 months ago #4316

Nicholas,

Uploaded your file. When I run the website and show a category I now get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method hikashop::addACLFilters() in /home/thaihand/public_html/cms/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/currency.php on line 276

Please advise.

Gert.

13 years 4 months ago #4323

Please use that file instead. The other one contains modifications which will only work with next version of HikaShop.

File Attachment:

File Name: currency-2...31-2.zip
File Size:9 KB

Attachments:

13 years 4 months ago #4326

Nicholas,

Yes that did it. Thanks very much and a happy new year!

Gert.

13 years 4 months ago #5866

Hi Nicholas,

We're almost ready with our new site and we're about to go live next week. Just wanna thank you guys for this wonderful product and the excellent support. Before using Hikashop I tried to accomplish the same result with Redshop, but although it has much more features right now, Hikashop is way more friendly and easier to customize. It's also more stable!

Coming back on the currency subject we discussed last year, I noticed that in the latest version I installed, zones have a currency option. I was hoping that setting the currency for a country would automatically select that currency for any logged in user from that country. But it doesn't do that (yet?). You said before a feature like this would be available soon. I'm wondering now if you already implemented it, but it's not working on my site or you're still preparing it.

Anyway keep up the good work!

Gert.

13 years 4 months ago #5873

Hi,

This feature works in combination with the geolocation plugin. It will detect where you are based on your IP and will set the default currency based on that regardless of the address you entered before.
You will first have to configure the geolocation plugin with an API key and activate the option. Also you will have to clean your cookies as it's done only once per session.

13 years 4 months ago #5876

Hi Nicholas,

IC. This is a nice feature for visitors that you don't know, but not very helpful for existing customers. If I have a customer from France, I always want to show him the prices in Euro's, even if he is on a business trip in Japan.

Not sure how others think about this though?

Gert.

13 years 4 months ago #5879

If you want to buy something to your sister which live in japan and that you're in france, you're going to enter an address in japan, but you're still going to pay with your french credit card in euros...
Besides, the currency is automatically selected when the user displays the fist page of your website. At that point, you don't know his address.

Now, I understand that it could be nice to add a second layer to use the address rather than the IP of the user if he already has an address.

13 years 4 months ago #5930

Hi Nicholas,

Good to hear that. Maybe an even better option is to also have a preferred currency field in the profile of the customer. The moment he logs in the system changes his currency to his countries currency when no currency is filled in on the customer profile and to his profile currency when he has one. This might be handy if you live in Thailand like me, but still have a credit card in Euro's. Just a suggestion.

Gert.

13 years 4 months ago #5940

Yes, that's a good idea.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds