Empt Cart: page shows product list twice

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 2 months ago #42936

Hi,
The title says it all, when the cart is empty, the product listings are repeated twice, one group above the other. Is there a setting I have wrong?
Thanks

Here's a link to the cart page: www.worsleyinstitute.com/test_site/index...cart/product/listing

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by mozgras. Reason: added example url

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
12 years 2 months ago #43074

You have configured a products listing menu with an associated products listing module attached to it. Thus, it displays the products twice.
Go in the menu Display->Content menus, edit the menu with the id 591 and disable the products listing module in the "associated modules" option and save the options. That should solve the problem.

12 years 2 months ago #43089

Thanks...I think I'll use the default modules..

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by mozgras.

10 years 9 months ago #115877

I looked at the instructions knowing full well the issues...however what you say here I investigated anyway.

nicolas wrote: You have configured a products listing menu with an associated products listing module attached to it. Thus, it displays the products twice.
Go in the menu Display->Content menus, edit the menu with the id 591 and disable the products listing module in the "associated modules" option and save the options. That should solve the problem.

Oddly enough I didn't think this would be the case because I had already unpublished ALL the content modules in the store. Ironically enough though they are all active apparently. I changed the "All Sub Elements" to "Direct Sub Elements" on the products listing menu item and voila...fixed. Why are unpublished things active and how come they affect things even when in this state?
~Wil

10 years 9 months ago #115913

You disabled the module from the template display positions.
But they are still enabled as associated modules of your menus, or as modules to be displayed under the product page, etc (these are options in HikaShop to display modules on other areas than template positions).

10 years 9 months ago #115915

nicolas wrote: You disabled the module from the template display positions.
But they are still enabled as associated modules of your menus, or as modules to be displayed under the product page, etc (these are options in HikaShop to display modules on other areas than template positions).

Not only did I disable the modules entirely in Joomla Modules, I disabled them all in the Hikashop Modules and I have since had to do what I said above despite the fact there are no associated modules on that menu. I even went so far as to unpublish the Products Listing Menu item itself. Please see attached screenshot.

The Shopping Cart Checkout Menu item ID 262 has no options for Hikashop. The Module called "Associated products listing for category listing menu 262" is currently unpublished and has been all day. Despite that, it still controls the display on the Cart page.
**EDIT ADDEDD IMAGE-This is the norm for all menu items.**

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by responseit. Reason: Added Image

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 9 months ago #116227

Hi,

I think that you should probably unset the module that you want to disable through the "associated module" option of your content menu, so can you give me a link to the module that you want to disable ? Then I'll probably be able to give you the ID of the good content menu.

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 6 months ago #176504

-- url of the page with the problem -- : cca-florida.net/index.php/component/hikashop/product/listing
-- HikaShop version -- : 1407241754
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 33.0

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm having the same problem reported by "mozgras". If the cart is empty and I choose "View Cat" from the "Boat Raffles" menu, I see all products listed twice.

I tried the fixes suggested here, but none made any difference.

How can I fix this?

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 6 months ago #176588

Hi,

First of all, please update you hikashop version.
Then can you post screenshots of the product listing menu settings and the settings of its associated module ?

9 years 6 months ago #176679

Hi,

I have updated HikaShop to 3.2.4

Please forgive my ignorance - this is my first HikaShop installation and I'm still trying to figure it out. Can you please elaborate on what you mean by the product listing menu settings and the associated module? Is this a HikaShop setting or a Joomla setting?

If you can explain a little further, I will post the requested screen shots.

Thanks!!

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 6 months ago #176762

Hi,

It's an HikaShop setting, in HikaShop > Display > Content menus or Content modules you can see all the HikaShop contents.
In the menu listing, edit the one used for your listing and give us a screenshot of it's configuration. I think that it's a product listing menu and it certanly has a product listing associated module, this is this module which have to be removed from the association.

Please read our documentations, like this one: ;)
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...splay-front-end.html

9 years 6 months ago #176832

OK, I have attached a screen shot. But I think maybe there is some confusion about the nature of the problem. I'll explain:

I have a Joomla menu item called "View Cart" (under the Boat Raffles menu item). The View Cart menu item points to the HikaShop Checkout page. I did this because I don't see a way to have a View Cart link, specifically. So, this menu doesn't point to a product listing. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a connection to the product listing associated modules. And this product listing doesn't have any modules associated with it.

I'm sure this is just because I don't really understand yet how HikaShop works and need to learn its configuration. But in the meantime, this is very frustrating.

Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago #176920

Hi,

If you try to access the checkout without any product in the cart, the system will redirect to the URL you entered in the "URL where you will be redirected when the cart is empty" option of the HikaShop configuration. And if you didn't enter anything in that option, it will direct to a product listing that uses the default options of the HikaShop configuration.
So what you want is simply enter the URL of the that you want to display to the user in that case.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CreativeProStudio

9 years 6 months ago #177065

Excellent, thank you! I was able to direct to an article using your suggestion.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds