How do I change or add per piece or yards?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #4332

I sell products per piece not by weight and if I dont add weight shipping wont come up how do i change kg to piece?

Also I sell by mainly yards do I add that as an option in products dropdown?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13084
13 years 4 months ago #4341

You can add weight to a product so that shipping is added and decide that you don't want to show the weight. You can do that by adding that CSS:
.hikashop_product_weight_main{display: none;}
If, however, you want to display the weight but use piece instead of kg, you can use the advice on that post:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/5-supp...contenance.html#4270
Basically: edit the translations via thte languages tab in the config and add a line KG=piece and that add the file in that post ove the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/show.php ( that second step is something which won't be needed after the release of 1.4.2 version )

Concerning the dimension symbols, you can add yards by changing the "dimension symbols" option on the configuration page following our documentation on that:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...hop-config.html#main

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #4692

Thanks for your response but I am a newbie so I dont know exactly what to do with the information you provided.

1. Where in the CSS would I add the .hikashop_product_weight_main{display: none;}if I wanted to use that?

2. The post to display piece instead of KG is in french I cant understand what to do with the file that I downloaded. Also I upgraded to 1.4.2 so I wont need the second part anyway but I went to the languages tab but I am unsure of where to add the line KG=piece. I tried just adding piece in config but it says only kg lb, oz. Please tell me where in language to put this so I can use he word Piece instead of KG.

3. I changed the dimensions and added yards. Thanks!

Great product!

• Thank you received: 13084
13 years 3 months ago #4695

1. That CSS code will hide the display of the weight on the product page. You can edit your CSS in the config under the tab display. But if you want to display the weight on the product page, then you don't need that code.

2. The KG=piece line need to be added in the translation file. For that, you can go in the config under the tab languages and edit it there.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds