How to setup free download?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #4377

Hello Team,

I would like to offer a free download on my website. Created a product with the appropriate file. So far so good. If I open the product I can choose from the variants the download I specified earlier. But I don't have an add to cart button. I used 0.00 EURO as price as I want to have it free. If I use 1.00 no problem - I get an add to cart button....

Have no idea. Can you help?

Regards,

Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 4 months ago #4379

Hi,

That's the normal behavior as you're not supposed to be able to purchase something which is free. If you want to provide downloadable files for a free product you have the possibility to put a link to that file directly in the description of the product and it will appear on the product's page.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #4442

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you. The Idea was to offer a free download but the customer has to register via the checkout so I could follow up.... and use variations - like file seize for desktop background.... 1024x768 and so on....

If I understand right it's not possible. But Thank you for the great product.

Regards,

Andreas

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 4 months ago #4443

Hi,

If you don't sell products on your website and just want a download manager using hikashop with registration, then it's possible. You can directly tweak the views of HikaShop to do that:
remove the payment view from the checkout workflow option in the config.
Set a price in your products.
Hide the prices with this CSS that you can add via the tab display in the config: .hikashop_product_price_full{display:none}
or by editing the views.
Finally, you can also edit the order creation email (via the menu System->Emails in the Business version of HikaShop) and customize it to remove the stuff you don't need to send to the user.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds