Shipping Fee disapears if quantity is increased

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #4390

After a great deal of frustration I am finally about to have the shipping fee show up for the selected item. However, there is no button to increase the quantity. If I put in a larger number and hit enter the quantity increases and the cost of the product, but the shipping disappears completely.

Can anyone help with this. The site is www.ExploreTheColony.com

After more attempts I can get the shipping charge to stay, but it does not increase with the quantity. Is this because the base is weight rather that per piece?

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by drdave. Reason: Kept working on it - still need help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 3 months ago #4391

You have one shipping fee per order. So even if you have several products in your order, or several shipping methods to select from, you will always have only one shiping fee applied to the order.

If you need to have the shipping fee vary based on the number of products in the order, you should create several shipping methods and put limits on them with different prices. Suppose that all your products weight 1kg and that you want to charge €5 per product :
shipping method 1 from 0 to 1.5kg €5
shipping method 2 from 1.5kg to 2.5kg €10
shipping method 3 from 2.5kg to 3.5kg €15
shipping method 4 from 3.5kg to 4.5kg €20

Alternatively, you can also use the percentage fee option in your shipping methods so that the fess will vary based on the price of the order without having to set several shipping methods.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds