Where must I change VAT besides language file?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #4424

My store is really coming along. I've been able to overcome almost every obstacle thanks to this forum and the attentive Nicolas.

For my store, I need to change "VAT" to "sales tax" everywhere it appears. I've changed the System->Configuration->Languages->English(UnitedKingdom) file as much as I can, but I keep finding VAT in other places and can't locate which settings or files I need to edit. Is there a map? A list of every place VAT appears?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 4 months ago #4425

All the text used in HikaShop should be found in your language file.

Where did you find other "VAT" text ? Are you sure that it's not a cache problem ?

13 years 4 months ago #4431

Yes, the last email notification test I did was probably a caching problem. When I rechecked it just now it was successfully changed in the email message.

However, VAT's still in the customer's order page:
www.mirocellars.com/index.php?option=com...ask=show&cid%5B%5D=7 (username=Tuna; password=test or see attached screen shot)
...and I think that's all.

Nope!
Edited to add:
It's in the invoices: Sales->Order number->Invoice

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by mollyf. Reason: corrected mistake

13 years 4 months ago #4432

That one is the same as in the checkout and the email. So if it works there, it shuld here here as well.

Are you sure it's not a cache problem as well ? Or maybe you edited that view ?

13 years 4 months ago #4433

I'm sure this is not a caching problem. I just tested it in a browser I have not used to test the shop before.

I did a completely clean reinstall (uninstalled components, plugins and modules through Joomla's administration interface, removed all jos_hikashop_* tables via phpMyAdmin and checked for stray files through FTP) when I was having trouble with tax, states and shipping. I have not touched this view. Especially since I'm not sure where to find it.

13 years 4 months ago #4434

On our end I4m also sure that this string can be changed via the language files.

Anyway, you can go around that:
Go in the menu Display->Views and edit the file invoice of the view order the backend. There, search for VAT and replace it with what you want.

13 years 4 months ago #4435

I got your translation file and I didn't see the line in there:
VAT="VAT"

13 years 4 months ago #4436

Cool! That must be the problem! Lines 146 and 1238 had been changed from VAT="VAT" to CA Sales Tax="CA Sales Tax" because I was sloppy (for shame) using find & replace. You are truly awesome.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds