Shop always jumps to checkout after adding process

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #4502

I've just setup a test shop for a client (my very first shop and joomla excursion). There are few niggles with the cart:

1) A delete product or update quantity does not result in an update of the cart on screen (it does update when you change and then proceed to checkout). It seems there is no screen refresh after an amendment.

2) Even though the 'stay if cart module is displayed' option is selected - the shop jumps to checkout after adding each product.

3) If the 'stay and display pop-up' is selected, the cart isn't updated at all and remains empty. Pop-up appears to function normal but nothing happens.

shop url:
bits.biels.co.uk/index.php?option=com_hi...ut=listing&Itemid=60

Thanks so far for a very good basic product!

Dik Hoogmoed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 4 months ago #4507

It seems that all the problems you're describing are in fact only one problem:

When I clicked on the delete button or changed the quantity of a product on your website I got the error below:

406 Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server.

I'm not sure what is the problem as this HTTP error is extremly rare normally and it should not happen with HikaShop. Do you have some kind of security component installed ? Or maybe it has something to do with the way your apache is configured ?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #4512

I don't see any errors at all. What browser or tool do you use?

I am unaware of any special security settings on Apache. I have just installed Joomla using Fantastico. Hikashop installed OK without warnings and I have not made any alterations. Could it be because the shop runs in a sub-domain?

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 4 months ago #4517

With the NET tab open of firebug in firefox, if you click on the delete button, you will see that the request to open the cart returns a 406 HTTP error.

getfirebug.com/network
www.checkupdown.com/status/E406.html

I don't know what could be the problem really. You might want to ask your hosting company. They might have more information in the apache/php error logs or somewhere else ?

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds