Shipping - max items

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #4567

Hello,
due to the packing of the products we sell, we can send only 2 items per shipping.
So we need to send two parcels for 3 items. 4 items -> 2 parcels. 5 items -> 3 parcels ...etc

Is it possible to use the manual shipping plugin for calculating in this scenario.

Thanks. frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 3 months ago #4569

Hi,

Suppose that each parcel costs $10, you could do like this:

Each product weight 1kg. Then, create several shipping methods:

0 to 2.5 kg => $10
2.5kg to 4.5 kg => $20
4.5kg to 6.5 kg => $30
etc

13 years 3 months ago #4584

Thank you, thats really easy!
I just forgot to mention that we have two different items with different costs for shipping
item 1 -> 11€
item 2 -> 15€
which beomes that
i1 + i1 -> 11€
i1 + i2 -> 15€
i2 + i2 -> 15€
i1 + i1 + i1 -> 22€
i2 + i1 + i2 -> 26€
and so on
means i will have a looot of shipping methods differentiating them by weight and volume.
Any other suggestion.

Anyway, it works. thanks again.

13 years 3 months ago #4585

If you have different items with different shipping costs, that indeed increase the number of shipping methods to create. There is no other solution, at least for now.

Also, note that you can personnalize the error message displayed when no shipping method exists via the interface under the tab languages in the configuration. That way, you could always tell them to contact you in that case so that you would create an extra shipping methods when people want to order a lot of products at once.

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

13 years 3 months ago #4637

Let me see if I understand this correctly. I have a product that is shipped by dim weight because it is light. If I ship via UPS then I need a different shipping method for each range of dimensions and give it a shipping cost. All of the shipping methods will be named UPS and at checkout HikaShop automatically multiplies my volume of 1 item by the number of number of items then selects the proper range and displays it?

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by bthayer.

13 years 3 months ago #4642

Yes. That's it. Restrictions of shipping methods enables you to filter them based on a lot of different criteria.

If you use UPS, there is also the possibility to build a UPS shipping plugin which would connect to UPS web service asking for the cost of shipping for the content of the cart. I also know that another user started to work on such plugin but it's not yet ready.

13 years 3 months ago #4664

Thanks.

I'm trying to stay away from learning how to create plugins. I need to focus on sales so maybe someday I can pay you to make plugins for me. :)

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds