Hikashop category module

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 week ago #47110

Hi Nicolas,

Could you help me to understand how to configure the hikashop content module to display the whole categories tree regardless if I am on a subcategory page? I have a menu item for hikashop categories listing and I also have a categories module which is linked to the category menu item. If I select Synchronize with currently displayed item when possible on the module, the module will display just one subcategory related to a category on a page and won't show the whole category tree. I need to be able to see the whole tree plus to be synchronized with currently displayed category when possible.

I hope it makes sense what I'm trying to do. How can I achieve this?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
12 years 1 week ago #47115

You should keep that option turned off then.

But what do you mean by "to be synchronized with currently displayed category when possible" ?

12 years 1 week ago #47118

Lets say I have the following categories:
Cat1
Cat2
-sub1
--sub-sub1
-sub2
Cat3

I have a menu item page listing all categories. When I am on that page I want the module to display all first level categories:
Cat1
Cat2
Cat3

When I click on the Cat1 category module link, I go to the Cat1 listing page and on that page I want the module to still display same as above except the Cat1 module link would be highlighted.
Cat1
Cat2
Cat3

When I click on the Cat2 category link and go to the Cat2 page, I want the module to display having Cat2 module link to be highlighted but also to view all sub-categories under the Cat2 category:
Cat1
Cat2
-sub1
-sub2
Cat3

When I click on the sub1 category link and go to the sub1 category page, I want the module to display having sub1 module link to be highlighted like so:
Cat1
Cat2
-sub1
-sub2
Cat3

If I click on the thrid level category sub-sub1 and while on the sub-sub1 page I want the module to display as follows having the sub-sub1 module link to be highlighted:
Cat1
Cat2
-sub1
--sub-sub1
-sub2
Cat3

So, my understanding is that I need the synchronize with currently displayed item when possible turnied on. I just need the whole category tree to be displayed on all levels of categories.

I hope you understand.

12 years 1 week ago #47120

HikaShop only handles two levels of categories for the categories listing module, as you can see on our demo website.

You won't be able to have that third level of menus.
The rest can be done as we did on our demo website. You can look at the options of that module there if you want the same.

12 years 1 week ago #47125

I have managed to partially make it work like in your demo. For some reason if I click on a second level category, my module doesn't keep the parent category expended to show the second level category. For example in your demo, if you click on the Nature category under the Pictures, the module shows the Picture category being expended so you can see the second level categories. In my module this doesn't work.

Also, why when I click on the Picture category (for example) the process doesn't take me to the Picture page, it only expends sub levels? I need to be able to navigate to the Picture page as well. Is it possible?

And, why do you move an active category at the bottom of the list? Why not to keep the structure of the list of categories the same? Can this be modified?

And, why can't we have third level of categories? I love your product, but, sorry, why to have such restrictions?

12 years 1 week ago #47127

Coudl you give a link to the page, it would be easier to see what you did ?

The categories are not moved whether they are active or not. You can see on our demo website...

Why not a third level ? Because we didn't code the module for that. Why not do it ? Because it takes time, and we have a long todo list and that this item is not a priority.
If you want more levels, you can create hikashop categories listing menus,one per category.

12 years 1 week ago #47130

In the attached document, this is your module when I open your demo page. You can see the order of your categories: Computing, Pictures, Fashion, Automobile.

On the second image, you can see when I opened Peripherals category, the Computing category moved down the list.

File Attachment:

File Name: Doc1.docx
File Size:449 KB

I will send you the link to my page via PM.

Also, why when I click on the Picture category (for example) the process doesn't take me to the Picture page, it only expends sub levels? I need to be able to navigate to the Picture page as well. Is it possible?

Attachments:

12 years 1 week ago #47377

That's because the "random items" hikashop option of the module is turned on on our demo website. Just turn it off and the order of the elements will be always the same.

12 years 1 week ago #47378

The the picture category which doesn't redirect the user, you can change the option "Link on main categories" of the module.

10 years 5 months ago #133389

Hi nicolas

i create a hkashop category ordering module here server.webartscy.com/~mazrin/index.php/christmas to display the sub categories each category .

My sample category menu tree here is

Christmas
Decorations
Ornaments
Cards and Gift Bags
Gift Ideas
Tableware

My problem is when i click for example on the category Decorations

server.webartscy.com/~mazrin/index.php/c...egory/13-decorations

i have an empy module on the sidebar . in that case i want to still show all the relatives sub categories options

i want to have one menu item for all the main categories so i set the Synchronize with currently
displayed item when possible to YES.

because i want when to click on othen menu item to another main category to display the relatives categories only

server.webartscy.com/~mazrin/index.php/valentines

pls advice thank you

10 years 5 months ago #133428

Hi,

Well, that's the normal behavior. You can't have both modes at the same time.
If you want to have that display, I would recommend to have a second module to display the main categories specifically on that decoration category with the help of Advanced Modules Manager which allows you to assign modules per HikaShop category.

9 years 5 months ago #180733

Hi,

Is it still not possible to nest into a third category?

I'd like this functionality and if it's not available I think I will be forced to write my own module. Can somebody confirm whether this is the right direction to go?

EDIT: I see the output is generated at /components/com_hikashop/views/category/temp/listing_list.php. Is it possible to customise this output to accomodate multiple subcategory levels?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Steffan Harris
Virtual Motorpix
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by virtualmotorpix.

9 years 5 months ago #180766

Hi,

There is no feature directly inside HikaShop in order to have more than 2 levels of categories in a dynamic accordion.
You can sure write your own if you want in that view file, but before you do, you should know that there exist a bunch of third party modules to do that for HikaShop (which is why we didn't look at adding one in HikaShop and focused on other things which had to be done on our end instead):
www.joomlack.fr/en/joomla-extensions-acc...h-accordeon-hikashop
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...hop-extensions/21225

8 years 9 months ago #206887

nicolas wrote: If you want more levels, you can create hikashop categories listing menus,one per category.

I am trying to build a 3 level category structure and came across this thread. I understand that the categories listing module only goes 2 levels deep.

Do I understand this correct.
If I want to have a menu with 3 levels CatA>CatB>CatC
I go into the J3 menu manager and create a menu (lets say in main menu)
Cat A (Shop)
Cat B (For Men)
Cat C (Jackets)
Menu items for A and B are then of the type "Categories Listing". Menu item for C is then type "Products Listing".
I need a module that defines how the categories should be listed. I can use this for Cat A and B.
I need a module that defines how the products should be listed. I use this for Cat C (that contains the products)
If I want to have a sidebar menu that synchronises with the browsing I need to get an extension or create modules for each page.
Am I correct so far?

What do I have to do so that in can go through the structure in mainbody? Clicking on Cat A shows me all the level B categories. What do I have to do to get the Cat C categories showing when I click on a Level B category?
What do I have to do to create a URL that has the structure domain/CatA/CatB/CatC/productX ? Is this possible in settings or should I define Canonical URL's for all categories involved?

Regards,

Edward

Regards,

Edward
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by buffdownunder. Reason: Forgot something

8 years 9 months ago #207159

Hi,

Sure, you can create your category structure as menu items and then, use a menu module to display the menu items in several levels. You'll find plenty of menu modules on the JED in order to display that.
The links will already be like you want in the module and you'll be able to fill the categories canonical URL with the URL of their menu item in order to get exactly the correct URL in all the other menu items linking to it.
All your menu items can be of the type "hikashop categories listing".
The sidebar menu modules will synchronize with the current menu item automatically if the menu module you use is done properly.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds