Disable Shipping?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #5105

First of all thanks for the great support so far! This forum has been really helpful and the reply time is great! I'm looking for a way to pretty much disable shipping on the site. I'm selling tickets for an event and there is no digital download, basically the client just wants the payment to go through and then a record of the sale. So I won't be using any type of shipping and was wondering how to disable it either globally or as a per-product setting? Thanks again in advance for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
13 years 3 months ago #5107

As long as you don't put any weight in your products, the shipping will be disabled.

13 years 3 months ago #5108

I don't have any weights on my products but I'm getting two messages when attempting to checkout. First off, when I go to the cart to checkout I see two columns for "Login" and "Register" and after filling out the registration info, I receive the following notifications after clicking the Register button:

Error
        * Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.
From what I've read on the forums (namely this thread: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...lect-an-address.html ), I thought this had to do w/ shipping. Is there something else I'm missing? Thanks again

13 years 3 months ago #5109

It's not related. It's probably due to a bug we had 2 days ago in the last release. Please download again HikaShop from our website and re install it over your current version. That should fix the error.

13 years 3 months ago #5110

Doing so now? So from your documentation I don't need to export anything to save my settings, if I just install it over the current one it won't change any of my config settings correct? Thanks again!

13 years 3 months ago #5111

Yes. You can safely update HikaShop.

13 years 3 months ago #5144

I've tried updating three different times today and every time I update, the "Update/About" page tells me that my version hasn't changed. It still says "Your version is 1.4.1, the latest stable version is 1.4.3" so is this a glitch or am I not updating correctly? I know I'm updating w/ the right files because the package was dated today 1.14.2011. Is there a way to tell if I really updated? Thanks

13 years 3 months ago #5150

Did the update succeeded or did you get an error ? That's the first time someone would be reporting us that the version number didn't change after an update which suceeded.

Do you still have the problem during the checkout ? If no, then it means that the update worked.

13 years 3 months ago #5151

I get to the next step so the update must have worked, but the version number still doesn't show as being changed. And after the next step (it lets me register now as I said) when I hit next (I'm using PayPal for the payments), the next page is just empty with the following errors:

Warning: include_once(/data/16/1/19/84/1834573/user/1990426/htdocs/school/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/geolocation.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/16/1/19/84/1834573/user/1990426/htdocs/school/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php on line 561

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/data/16/1/19/84/1834573/user/1990426/htdocs/school/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/geolocation.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/services/vux/lib/php') in /data/16/1/19/84/1834573/user/1990426/htdocs/school/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php on line 561

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::save() in /data/16/1/19/84/1834573/user/1990426/htdocs/school/plugins/hikashop/geolocation.php on line 32

so I'm pretty clueless now as to how to proceed. The link for my product is found here:
stpiuslombard.org/school/index.php?optio...yout=show&Itemid=257
It's live but not linked to anywhere right now on the live site. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks again!

13 years 3 months ago #5152

I see that you have the starter edition installed. So the geolocation plugin should not be there.

Please unpublish the geolocation plugin and try again.

13 years 3 months ago #5154

Sweet! It worked that time so it was that GeoLocation plugin. One problem still is that when I add an item to the cart, I have it set to auto-redirect to checkout. And the cart summary on the checkout page prints the text "PRICE_BEFORE_DISCOUNT_START" before the price and then the text "PRICE_BEFORE_DISCOUNT_END" after the price. Using the link I provided above ( stpiuslombard.org/school/index.php?optio...yout=show&Itemid=257 ), you can just add an item to the cart and you'll see what I mean. Is this a bug? I can see where I can edit this section in the Display->View and then selecting "Checkout-Cart" however I'm hesitant to edit this as I never changed this before. And that text seems to have meaning in the code for substituting in the price. If you can confirm whether or not this is glitch or how I can fix this that would be great. Thanks again for all of the help!

13 years 3 months ago #5156

You can read more about that problem there: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/3-bug-...pened-here.html#4789

13 years 3 months ago #5166

Cool, thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it!

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds