Update of licens and Cart module error

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #5131

Hi

First of, great job on this great component, I am close to choose this for my websites.
The problem I am having is, if one of my costumers gets the basic edition and upgrades later, can they with little experience update the licens fast and easy.
With no loss to their settings?

The second thing is, when I pressed "add to cart" the shopping cart module updates and then goes back to empty, if I go to another page on the site, it has remembered the change.
Is there a wrong setting?

The website is lasse-smith.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13080
13 years 3 months ago #5132

Hi,

Updates and upgrades of HikaShop can be done without loosing any data. You don't have to uninstall HikaShop. Just get the new install package and install it over the previous version.

Concerning the cart refresh issue. It's probably a problem of cache. Please deactivate the joomla cache on your website (in the configuration of joomla and the cache plugin) and try again.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #5135

That solved the problem but it is a problem not getting to use the Cache.

Is it possible to add the function on the shopping cart module Caching "No Caching"?

• Thank you received: 13080
13 years 3 months ago #5136

The cart module should never be cached as it needs to be updated when a product is added to the cart. As stated in the joomla developer documentation: when a module doesn't have the cache option, it will never be cached.
However, it seems that sometimes the joomla caching system still caches modules regardless of that option.
There is nothing that we can do about it as the problem lies in joomla apparently.

More information on caching of modules in joomla:
www.bjoomug.org/forum/3-how-tos-and-vide...-speed-up-your-sites
www.sigsiu.net/forum/simple-featured-ent...ved)-module-caching/

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds