Multiple prices for sizes of the same product

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #5137

the products in the cart i am trying to set up have varying sizes and prices

how can I set up one product and then have variable in prices that relate to the smaller & larger sizes

I can't seem to find any documentation on this

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but currently I am using the free version to set up a demo for my client - I will be purchasing the full version if they go ahead with the job

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
13 years 3 months ago #5147

You need to create a "size" characteristic via the menu Products->Characteristics. Then, when you edit the product, add that characteristic in the characteristics listing on the right and save your product. Then, you can click on the "manage variants" button of that zone to see the listing of variants of the product. You can edit each variant and add a different price for each.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #5203

it seems quite confusing

is there any full documentation for Hikicart?

I have added Characteristics of "size" with variants of 250ml, 500ml & 225gm
added it to the products
click manage and published 250ml & 500ml

now I get this (see attached)

how can I make it so that
1. The 45,00 appears as 45.00 ( ie "." instead of "," )
2. have the size/price appear together - eg " 500ml 45.00AUD per unit "

also is it possible to remove the "per unit"

Also, once operational, there will be possibly 100's of different sizes over the range of products - do I add all sizes to the one size Characteristic?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13081
13 years 3 months ago #5207

For our documentation, you can go there : www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation.html
Here, you will find all our documentation articles: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...d-documentation.html
And there, you will find an explanation on the characteristics: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...html#characteristics
I see that you set two unit prices for your product. That is not possible. You should set only one unit price per variant. You can have a look at our demo website:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=57&lang=en
There, the price was added for each variant of the product. The price is automatically updated based on the characteristic selected in the dropdown.

1. You can change the display format of your currencies via the menu System->Currencies

2. You can edit your characteristic values to include the price in it. Then, you can hide the normal price displayed with some CSS in your template.

The "per unit" can be changed by editing the translations in the configuration under the tab languages.

You can create several characteristics, with the same name if you need that, and add the relevant ones to your products.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds