no charge orders

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #5138

Is it possible to finish the order without processing payment?
In my store the customers will only order samples at no charge + free shipping.

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by codeware.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13085
13 years 3 months ago #5148

You can just remove the payment view from the checkout workflow and no payment will be asked. However, if your products do not have a price, the "add to cart" button will be hidden. So you will have to edit he file quantity of the product view via the menu Display->views to display the button even if the product is free.

13 years 3 months ago #5264

Ok, I did install it and I'm doing some tests. I have some questions:

1 - I setup the Home to show the category list. I want to be able to show the category list without any module below it. Is it possible?
2 - Also on the Home/Category list, is it possible to hide "results" (it's showing up bove the categories and below the page title).

Please see picture attached. Thanks!

Attachments:

13 years 3 months ago #5265

Hi,

1. You can edit your "Features products" module via the joomla module manager and select which menus it should appear on: docs.joomla.org/Screen.modules.edit.15#Menu_Assignment

2. Concerning pagination display I invite you to read that thread: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...op/3281-uk-only.html
Basically, you just need to add some CSS.

13 years 3 months ago #5266

That's the thing... that module "featured products" is disabled in joomla module manager. That module is showing on the home page because is an associated module (hikashop menu details) to the home menu. If I remove that association the "featured products" disappear, great! that's what I want... but then If I click on any category (on that same page) it doesn't show any product for the selected category.

What I want is:
1 - show the a list of categories
2 - show the products that belong to the selected category

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by codeware.

13 years 3 months ago #5269

In the "featured module" hikashop options, you should activate the synchronization and make it display only direct sub elements. That way, it will only display the products which are in the current category.

13 years 3 months ago #5274

ok, we are getting there.
Considering my first post, I did the changes you gave me. Now I can free products without payment processing.
But for free items I can see the Add to Cart button only on the product detail page, so...

1 - Is it possible to make the add to cart button show up on the category page for free item too?
2 - How can I change the word "free" to "sample"?

13 years 3 months ago #5278

1. The code to display the "add to cart" button on the listing of products is the same as the one to display it in the product page. However, you need to turn on the option "add to cart button" in the hikashop options of your products listing module.

2. You can go in the configuration under the tab languages to change the translations: www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

13 years 3 months ago #5360

Yes, I did turn the option "add to cart" on. That's why I can see the button for item with price but is not showing for items without price. Check the image, please. Thanks!

Attachments:

13 years 3 months ago #5362

As I said before, if your products do not have a price, the "add to cart" button will be hidden.
You need to go in the menu Display->Views. There, edit the file listing_img_tile of the view product and change the line:
if($this->params->get('add_to_cart') && !empty($this->row->prices)){
to
if($this->params->get('add_to_cart')){

13 years 3 months ago #5377

You told me before to change the file "quantity" and now I did the change on "listing_img_tile" - so both files have to be changed to accomplish what I need. It's working now, great! Thank you very much.

But there is another little problem. If add items to cart and then login in to checkout, I get a message saying that the cart is empty. If I start by login in and then add items to cart, I'm able to finish the order without any problem. How can I avoid this problem?

13 years 3 months ago #5378

Do you have the hikashop user synchronization plugin activated ? It is used to keep the cart in the session when you login.

13 years 3 months ago #5379

Your customer service is really impressive. Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds