How do I get the category name to appear as title?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #5157

First things first, This is a great component and has great potential, its everything Virtuemart wants to be but is not! ;)

I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the category name to show at the top of the page. I create a new menu item and make it a category listing I then associate that with a module to display the products in the category and subcategorys.

For example: The main category which is associated with the menu link has 6 sub-categorys and I want the category title for each sub-category to be displayed when browsing products within each sub-category.

The "Use menu name instead of
category name for the title
" option works but when this is disabled all that is displayed as the page title is ROOT not the category names in parent and all sub-categorys.

Whats going on here? Looks like a bug to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #5158

I just noticed that it seems to be working ok for this demo site
www.549.com.au/shop/index.php?option=com...ut=listing&Itemid=12

They have a main category furniture with 12 sub-categorys in it such as beds and when you enter the beds sub-category beds is display as the page title.

Dunno what Im doing wrong

• Thank you received: 13079
13 years 3 months ago #5160

The ROOT issue is indeed a bug. You can read this thread for the fix: www.hikashop.com/support/forum/3-bug-rep...or.html?lang=en#4816
That problem is already fixed in the latest version of HikaShop so if you update you will get the fix automatically.

13 years 3 months ago #5162

Awsome updated and its fixed!

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds