Category listing - removing child subcategory bold

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #5335

Hi Nicolas,

First of all props on Hikashop, its much better than virtuemart.

On the category view, I've been trying to track down how to un-bold the child categories. Ideally I would like to have the top level category in bold and the sub-category as standard.

Cheers, Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13085
13 years 3 months ago #5337

Hi,

It should be easy by just changing a bit the CSS of HikaShop in the config under the tab display.

If you give us the URL of your website, we would be able to tell you more precisely what to do.

13 years 3 months ago #5404

shop is here

Also is there a way to remove the display quantity combo box when there are less categories than the default setting?

Cheers, Jason

13 years 3 months ago #5408

In your template CSS ( templates/theme580/css/template.css ), you have the code:

.container ul li a, #content ul li a:hover, #content .module ul li a, #content .module ul li a:hover {
color: #3BACE5;
font-size: 13px;
line-height: 27px;
text-decoration: underline;
font-weight: bold;
}

Please remove the font-weight: bold; from there and it should be ok.

For the display quantity dropdown, you will have to go in the menu Display->Views and edit the file listing_div of the view category. There, you will be able to change :
if($this->params->get('show_limit') && $this->pageInfo->elements->total){
to
if($this->params->get('show_limit') && $this->pageInfo->elements->total>$this->params->get('limit')){

13 years 3 months ago #5412

Ok, thats sorted.

Is it possible to use bold or say H3 format on the main category links without impacting other areas of the site?

13 years 3 months ago #5413

Sure. You can add the CSS:

.hikashop_category_name{ font-weight: bold; }

13 years 3 months ago #5434

Thats all good.

I've just been adding products and now have 33 in one category and it isn't showing the next page option -> link

13 years 3 months ago #5435

I don't understand the problem. What is the "ext page option" you're talking about ?

13 years 3 months ago #5438

In post #5408 the changes at the bottom were to remove the 'select items per page' combo box and I thought there was a jump to page option also.

I think I just worked out where the hiccup is, our categories per page setting is 15 and the page with the issue has 33 'products' but no 'categories'.

Would I be right in assuming that the change we made is if there are less categories than the categories per page setting that the combo box does not display and because there are no categories, just products, thats why its not displaying?

13 years 3 months ago #5444

Yes. That change was made to the category view. You have the same file in the product view. So you could make the same change in the product view.

13 years 3 months ago #5494

OK, but how do I change from category list view to product list view.

At the moment its setup as category listing with a product display module. Is there is a way to change the bottom tier category to a product listing, and can this be managed on a per-category basis?

13 years 3 months ago #5497

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do.

What happen currently is that you have two listings one below the other.
The listing of categories handled by the menu and the listing of products handled by the associated module of the menu.
Both use the "current category" as reference to display the categories below it and the products in it.
If you want to display all the products below the current category regardless of the depth, you can change the option "Sub elements filter" in the module's options. But that means that you will also see the products listing on the main catalogue page which might not be want you want ?
In such case, you would have to display the product listing view to add some code to hide/display the listing based on the category level ( $this->element->category_depth is the level of the current category) with something like this in it :
if( $this->element->category_depth < 3 ) return;

13 years 3 months ago #5500

I'm happy displaying only direct sub elements. The way its configured at the moment everything is display in category listing format except for when you click on a product, so there is nothing being displayed as a product listing like below.

Category Listing
> Catalogue home
> 2nd tier categories
> 3rd tier categories

Product Listing
no content

Product Page
> Products

The question is, where can I set a particular category to display as a products list or a categories list, or is that not possible.

13 years 3 months ago #5502

That's not possible.

13 years 3 months ago #5504

ok, thats what I thought but I wanted to check.

So the change made to remove the combo box checks to see if the number of category elements exceeds the 'number of items' setting which in this case it doesn't because there are no category elements, only product elements. Is there a way to check the product elements, or should I just set the 'number of items' to a number greater than the number of products, say 100, and it will display all on one page.

13 years 3 months ago #5509

As I said in a previous post. You have the same listing_div file for the product view. So, you can do the same modification to hide the pagination when not needed.

13 years 3 months ago #5510

Sorry, I'm not explaining it very well.

The issue now is that the pagination is not displaying, even on this page with 33 products in the category

13 years 3 months ago #5512

So, you're saying that you applied the change in the product view file but that now you don't see the pagination on that page where there should be one, right ?
If you revert the modification do you see the pagination ? Does it have several pages ?

We tested that modification on our end and we see the pagination only there are several pages which is what you should have as well.

In any case, yes, if you set a greater number of items in your products listing module, you will see all your products on the first page and the problem will be "solved".

13 years 3 months ago #5514

Just to be clear, we are using category list view with a products module and the category in question as 0 sub-categories and 33 products

Step 1. We applied the change in the category listing_div file which removed pagination as expected, we never changed the product listing_div.
Result: Pagination removed

Step 2. Reset category listing_div file to original.
Result: Pagination present where category includes sub-categories but on the page in question no pagination

Step 3. Add a test sub-category
Result: The pagination appears with Results '1-1 of 1' so it doesn't let us go to the next page of products.

Step 4. Remove test category and change products module number of items to 100
Result: No pagination and all products display as there are less than 100 products

So the issues is with it not giving us products pagination when using a products module in the category list view.

If we cant get around that then I'm happy to leave it as is and whenever the product list gets too big I can just break it down into more sub-categories.

13 years 3 months ago #5516

Ok. So the pagination you're seeing is the categories listing pagination. You don't see the products listing pagination.
Please make sure that you set the option "random" of the products listing module to off. Otherwise, the pagination won't be displayed.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds