Productprice false with different variants

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
13 years 3 months ago #5349

Hello,

I have a little problem, or maybe big if I can not solve it :laugh:

I have a product. For this product I got different variants -> a, b and c. I only set a price for the main product an different quantitys. Now, if I buy 100 of variant a, then I will get the better price for quantity 100. Thats right.
But if I buy 50 of variant a and 25 of variant b and 25 of variant c then I want to also get the quantity 100 price. How to solve that? In virtuemart that works fine......but I hate virtuemart :P

Regards, Benny.

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by benkly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13085
13 years 3 months ago #5351

Hi,

That's indeed the behavior in HikaShop. It's not possible in HikaShop yet and the modification isn't just a two lines of code change.

• Hikashop Essential
13 years 3 months ago #5356

Hi,

hmmmm, too bad. This is really a step backward to virtuemart. I thought it could be a checkbox to activate, so that the price will then be calculated by the quantity of all the selectet variants together, or somehow this kind.

Ok, than I need a another solution or workaround. I would also be happy if I could set there, in that product, a textbox where the client have to tell me how much of wich variant he want from the complete quantity he want s from that product. Did you understand? Sorry but my english is not that good.

Regards, Benny.

PS.: Please, tell me a workaround! I don't want to use virtuemart anymore! :X

13 years 3 months ago #5357

Hi,

We can't give the solution as we don't know it yet. We will have to spend some time studying that case so that the system can select the prices automatically based on the quantity of all the variants of a same product in the cart and not just from the same variant.

As a work around, you could use a coupon with percentage amount, set a minimum amount and restrict it to a special category where the product is in (you can have several categories for a product) and auto load it (with the auto load option of the coupon). The problem with this solution is that if you sell other things than that product and its variants, the coupon will work on the full order amount as long as at least one product of the order is in that category.

• Hikashop Essential
13 years 3 months ago #5363

Hmmmm, ok. Thats not a real workaround. Is there no way to put in this product a text place where the client have to tell me how many of wich variant he wants? In this case I will not have to use those variants and could write in the product text that the client have to tell me how many of wich variants he wants.
But to have it nice that textbox should be in the product view and on the mail I get to see what the client wants.

I think "Custom fields" should be the way to got isn't it?

Regards, Benny.

13 years 3 months ago #5364

That could be a possible work around indeed.
But custom fields for items are not yet available in HikaShop. They will be in next version which will come out before the end of the month. Maybe by the end of this week if we can make it.

• Hikashop Essential
13 years 3 months ago #5366

Ok. What do you mean with items? Do you mean variants or product? If you mean variants then this would be no problem because in this case I don't use the variants anymore.

But other thing. I hope that you get a solution for this problem and solve this on the begining. I couldn't be that difficult because I already used some different invoice making programms and all of those did this calculation of prices with variants correct out of the box. So I thing that could not be a big problem. I count on you, the rest of this shop is so good that this would only be a matter of time....

Regards, Benny.

13 years 3 months ago #5370

By items, I mean products of the cart.

You already have custom fields for the product in commercial versions of HikaShop. But those custom fields are modified in the back end and displayed on the product page. They can't be changed on the product page.

In contrast, the item custom fields will be in the cart_product and order_product table so that they will be linked to a product in your cart/order and that will be the users which will set them on the product page.

Like I said, it will be done. But not tonight. HikaShop is only 3 months old; it has already evolved a lot and will continue to evolve in the future.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds