Suppliers & Multiple Carts - Hika & Sobi - Help

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #5353

Hello All,

I am new to Hika. I have downloaded a copy for testing and it looks great, simple to use and supurb admin layout.

I am at the design and testing stage so I hope you can help with some information so I can better understand how it might suit my needs.

We are an aggregator, we sell products for other suppliers so firstly we have to seperate purchases by suppliers.

Secondly the products can be common so product A has multiple suppliers.

Thirdly the products are heavy so shipping is an issue and a min order is normally required to make shipping worth while.

In short, a consumer can search the site and select 7 products from 3 suppliers. If one supplier is shipping 4+ products they will do this for free. The other two suppliers would need to charge, charges are expensive so a pick up is the only real option. Suppliers may have different shipping terms.

Firstly I need a searchable catalogue and we are thinking of SobiPro, however it does not handle purchases!

Secondly we need to list suppliers of the selected product and Haki looks very strong.

Thirdly we need to seperate the purchases (by supplier) so there is not confusion on behalf of the consumer as to what the shipping charge will be. I imagined multiple paypal carts???

This picture should help clarify my comments.

My question is, is this possible with Hika as I would like to invest and test further.

Thank you
Dom

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13104
13 years 4 months ago #5358

Hi,

HikaShop doesn't handle yet suppliers nor does it handle multiple shipping costs for an order, so it's not possible to set several suppliers with different shipping costs.

However, you could create your own shipping plugin, based on the manual shipping plugin we have. In the plugin, you could get the products information and calculate the total shipping price based on the supplier's costs for the products, you could use custom product fields to add more information to the products like the supplier, the supplier shipping costs, etc.
There should be only one payment for the customer so you should keep only one order in hikashop. I don't know how you want to notify the suppliers ? Automatically ? With an email ? In such cases, you could do that in your plugin as well.

You can find more information about how to create a plugin on that page:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...r-documentation.html

13 years 4 months ago #5367

Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply.

I know I will need to do some customisation to get it working for my needs.
I will look at the module....

A suggestion might be group cart items by feild "product_supplier" then on the checkout page there would be 3 or 4 invoices each with paypal and the shipping is then associated with each invoice which would work for now.

Is that possible?

Rgds
DM

13 years 4 months ago #5371

Everything is possible if you have enough knowledge to code it :)
Generating several orders from one cart is in the realm of possibilities but it's not something easy to do in comparison with changing two lines of code in a view.

13 years 4 months ago #5397

Nicolas,
Enough knowledge... lol thats not me unfortunately, I wonder if you could give me some more details? I would ask for a list of things to change but that might take as long as the change itself :P

Maybe an approximation of hours? the reason I ask is its a bit of a show stopper for me. I won't be fully implementing it straight away but hoping to find a solution over the coming weeks.

Thanks
DM

13 years 4 months ago #5402

You say that on the checkout you would like 3 or 4 invoices. But what do you mean by that ?
Normally, in HikaShop, at the end of the checkout the system directs you to the payment system for the payment of your order.
if you break your order "per supplier" into several orders before the redirection to paypal, how will the user be able to pay each one of them ?

Maybe I don't understand what you want to do ?
In your case, I would just edit the file cart of the view checkout to display your items grouped by supplier with a shipping price per supplier and hide the normal shipping method selection with just some CSS. And then build a shipping plugin which would calculate the shipping costs based on the products in the cart (so that in can easily be displayed in the cart view, but also break the order into several order once the payment of the main order is done.

13 years 4 months ago #5417

Nicolas,
A picture tells a thousand words...

The user pays each invoice seperately, for me this avoids the problem of a user selecting 6 products from 6 suppliers and expecting the "free delivery" option!

This does raise questions as to whether "suppliers" should be a table that "shipping" and "Payment Method" are then assigned to suppliers? But keeping it simple a field "product_supplier" and a checkbox "Select to seperate invoices by supplier".

Something like this... What do you think?

DM

Attachments:

13 years 4 months ago #5419

Mmm. It's not possible to have simultaneously several carts activated on the checkout.

In you case, I would modify a bit the cart module to display a listing of all the carts of the user, one per supplier. For each cart, the user would have a "proceed to checkout" button which would redirect the user to the checkout for that precise cart.
That way, that wouldn't require too much work. Basically, you would need to work on the cart module code to display the several carts per supplier. Then, the checkout would work normally.

13 years 4 months ago #5543

Thank you for this, I had a look around and I would not like to hack this code. Is there any options available to me for possibly getting this done?

Rgds
DM

13 years 4 months ago #5558

Hi,

On our end, we have already a busy planning for the next few weeks. You could try to look for a freelancer on joomlancers.com

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds