"user name in use" error message

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #53815

hi,

i set registration to "no" in configuration/checkout so my clients can checkout as guest, it's all good, but now if a costumer comes a second time to buy something with the same address he gets the "user name in use" error message. how can i fix that?

thx a lot, great extension btw, just left from virtuemart 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 9 months ago #53908

Hello,

The error come from the fact that the "registration" is set to NO, because this option just allow you to not save your custumer's information(username,address..).
So I think that you'll have to choose if your customers have to register or not to buy something.

• Thank you received: 13037
11 years 9 months ago #53934

You can't have a user who already have a user account on your website "guest" checkout with the same email address as the one from his account.
If you keep the "login" option turned on in the configuration, you can have these users login during the checkout so that they can use the account they already have in order to checkout. Or they can use another email address in order to "guest" checkout.

11 years 9 months ago #53954

hello guys and thx for replay, my hika login form is turned off, the hika registration is set to "no" so i still have the simplified registration form, the registration in joomla is set to "on" be cause otherwise it would not display not even the simplified registration and i need that to take some info about customer.

with this settings my site still creates a user account (i see it in the backend in users area) with the username same as his email, and second time when the customer comes with the same email BAM "already in use". so?

thx again guys

11 years 9 months ago #54012

You can't have the registration option to "no" and to "simplified registration" at the same time. Set that option to "no" and it won't create a user account.

11 years 9 months ago #54017

my HIKA registration is set to "NO" so customers can checkout as guests they dont have to fill in usernames and passwords, but they still can give me emails, address and phone nombers.

if i set the "Allow user registration" from JOOMLA users menu to "NO" then i will have no FORM at the checkout for customers to give me emials, phone nombers and address. If i set the "Allow user registration" from joomla users menu to "yes" then it will create USER accounts using their emails as USERNAMES cause the registration form now is simplified be cause i set the registration in HIKASHOP configuration to NO.

this are the only registration options i am aware about one is in HIKA configuration and one is in JOOMLA user options.
what combination should i use between this two to be able to checkout as guest and be able to use same email address several times?

thank you

11 years 9 months ago #54083

If you set the "registration" option to "no registration" in the Checkout tab of the configuration of HikaShop, it does not matter what you set in joomla's options since it won't create an account for the user.
All I can think of that you're not looking at the correct option in hikashop.
Could you do a screenshot of the configuration page where you changed that ?

11 years 9 months ago #54120

the registration option in hikashop is in Configuratoin, checkout tab, right under the Login no/yes option. and is set on NO, when i checkout i get email field and then Address information fields, like for the simple guest checkout, but it still creates a user account in joomla with the username=email.

must be a problem in the code somewhere, where should i look?

components/com_hikashop/views/user/tmpl/registration.php <--here?

11 years 9 months ago #54219

That should not be possible.
If that option is set to "no registration" it won't create an account. It works on our end and for everyone else.
The code run during the saving of the data is in the register function of the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php

10 years 11 months ago #97822

The "no registration" option is not clear to me. I select the following options for the Login & Registration menu in the Configuration tab so that users don't have to create username/password and they can only provide their email, name, and shipping addresses:

Login: No
No registration

Let's say a customer registered with his/her email address and other necessary contact information. Then let's say the customer deleted the browser history or switched to a different computer so that HikaShop doesn't remember customer details, and the customer re-entered their information to place a new order. Once the same customer re-enters his/her information (assuming that they are using the same email address), this is the message they get: Email address already used. I expect HikaShop not to give any kind of error messages and let the customer continue their shopping with the existing email address. How can I fix this?

Thanks.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 11 months ago #97876

Hi,

You probably have the message "Email address already used" because you try to purchase with an email already used to create an account on your website.
Can you try with a never used email address ? You should not have this message.

10 years 11 months ago #97930

I understand but in order the invoice to be sent to the customer (and for other communication purposes), the customer needs to enter an email address. Let's say that the customer ordered on computer A and then switched to computer B to place a new order (or let's say they deleted their internet browser's history and wanted to place an order on the same computer). He/she needs to re-enter their email address again. I can't expect customers to use a different email address with every order. Are you saying that it is not possible that a customer can make a purchase more than once using the same email address under the conditions I mentioned? Please note that Joomla Login module is not enabled, either.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 11 months ago #98209

A new customer, which don't have an account on you website (so checkout with the option "No registration") can purchase many times with the same email.
If you had another config before, which stored the users, so now with the new config the customer can't order with the already used email address.

If you wan't that old customers registered in your shop can purchase with the same email with the "no registration" parameter, you have to edit the class user to remove the email check.

10 years 11 months ago #98211

No, you didn't understand what we're saying.

What we're saying is that you already have a joomla user account with that email address.
You can't "guest checkout" with a joomla user account, otherwise, anyone knowing your email address could know your real address information that are stored in your user account.

But if you "guest checkout" with an email address which hasn't previously been used to create a joomla user account on your website, you will be able to checkout as many time as you want with the same email address.

So it IS possible that a customer can make a purchase more than once using the same email address under the conditions you mentioned.

10 years 11 months ago #98247

Hi Nicolas, thanks for your response. Your final message is very clear. However, your and Xavier's previous answers were not.

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 5 months ago #176811

We just purchased the Essential for a client site (brandonburlsworth.org) and cannot get guest checkout working.. ugh..

We have tried every suggestion here and we keep getting the error Email address already used and the email being referenced is no where in the user or hika systems.

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by webjive.

9 years 5 months ago #176826

Hi,

The guest checkout on your website is working fine. We did a test and didn't get any error.

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 5 months ago #176847

I manage to get it cleaned up but, can't get it to show ship to address. Did that work?

9 years 5 months ago #176918

Yes, I do have a shipping address on your website checkout :
take.ms/5V52Y

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds