Accepting Deposits in Hika

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #54304

Hello,
I am new to Hika moving from Virtuemart. But can someone please let me know if Hika can be configured to accept a deposit for a product. E.g. items that require a deposit to begin the manufacturing process.

Also, how do I enter free text in an order, such as special instructions as part of the options.

Finally, how do i change the size of the thumbnail in the checkout?

Thanks,
WEndel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
11 years 9 months ago #54328

Hi,

If you want the user to not pay the full amount for a product during the checkout, you will have to enter only the amount he can pay in the prices of the product.
Then, you should add the full price in a custom product field and add some custom code in the views of HikaShop in order to display that price instead of the one in the normal field so that the user would see the full price.

If you want to add a "notes" field during the checkout, you will have to create a custom field of the table "order".

More information on custom fields: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html

The size of the thumbnails on the checkout can be changed in the Files tab of the configuration.

11 years 1 month ago #91638

Hi Nicolas

I would also like to allow my clients to pay a deposit in order to begin the manufacturing process.

The thing is, I have already created a number of custom fields to choose from (eg. Engravings, Inscriptions etc - see here: chrisclemes.co.uk/shop/product/show/2-cu.../category_pathway-22 ). These custom fields all affect the price. How do I go about adding a custom field that takes all these custom options into consideration, and then allows the customer to pay 50% of the final amount as a deposit?

I hope this is possible. Thanks!

11 years 1 month ago #91763

Hi,

You can use that plugin:
www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...hikashop_deposit.zip
You first need to create a custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display->Custom fields with the column name "deposit".
Then, install and enable the plugin above.
Finally, in each product edition page, enter the percentage of the deposit you want in the custom field that you created.

That will display and use the deposit price in the cart/checkout/invoice instead of the full price.
So you might also want to modify some texts to take that into account:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
Or even edit so of the view files via the menu Display->Views.

If you already have a price override plugin, instead of using the deposit plugin above, you can simply modify your price override plugin in order to take the deposit custom field into account.

11 years 1 month ago #91862

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a go :)

11 years 1 month ago #91887

Great stuff! It all worked on my local install of the site... only thing is, I am battling to understand how to display the fact that a 50% deposit is required, and that the total amount payable has been reduced by half. It appears in my cart, but not anywhere on the product once I have added it, and also without any indication that it is a deposit ie. "50% deposit required for work to commence: $xxx" etc.

I had a look at the Modifying Languages link I sent... but am not sure how to edit that file for the required output. Sorry if I am missing something here!

11 years 1 month ago #92081

It depends how and where you want to state that.
If you want to add some text at the top of the cart during the checkout, you can simply add your text at the top of the file "cart" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views.

The following user(s) said Thank You: chrisclemesltd

11 years 3 weeks ago #92568

Not all the products require a 50% deposit, only some of the higher-priced items that require a deposit to start the manufacturing process. It is not a general message to be applied to the cart across the whole shop, but only on selected products, where I would like to output something along these lines:

Name Price
Flyrod £ 500.00

Total £ 500.00

50% deposit £ 250.00

And have the deposit amount be the amount applied at checkout. My PHP skills are pretty poor... is there any assistance you can give here?

11 years 3 weeks ago #92773

Hi,

Well, the solution with the deposit plugin changes the product price to the deposit amount. So the system thinks that it's the full price of the product. If you want to still display the the full price on the checkout, that will require to modify the code of the deposit plugin as well as hikashop core file (the class.currency file of the backend where totals are calculated among other things) and the cart view file to still have the full price stored in the price of the product, the quantity price being calculated and the total of the cart with full prices calculated and then display that instead of the normal system.
Frankly, that's quite complex. I would recommend to find a 3rd party developer to help you with all that.

11 years 3 weeks ago #92860

Hi again and thanks for the reply

Okay, agreed, way too complex. How and where would I go about adding only the extra line of text to state "50% deposit required:" on the checkout amount?

Also, is it possible to add it to only the products that have the discount? ie. the ones that have the discount plugin in operation?

11 years 3 weeks ago #93154

That's possible yes.

You can edit the file "cart" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views and add the code below for that:
if(!empty($row->deposit)) echo ' '.$row->deposit.'% deposit required';

after the code:
$this->row=&$row;
$this->unit=true;
echo $this->loadTemplate();

11 years 3 weeks ago #93217

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Thank you so much Nicolas!

This is a really great extension, and your support is patient and thorough. I appreciate that you have been tolerant of my many requests!

I do have one last question though: how would I output the same text in the cart module I have in the sidebar? I have attached a screenshot showing what I mean. The reason for this is that the first mention of a deposit only comes at the end of the check-out process, and is not actually mentioned in the cart...

Thanks in advance! :)

Attachments:

11 years 3 weeks ago #93253

You can add the same code after the code:
$this->row=&$row;
echo $this->loadTemplate();

in the file "cart" of the view "product" for that.

11 years 3 weeks ago #93285

Brilliant! All done, thanks Nicolas.

11 years 3 days ago #96144

This post is magnific. Deposit works perfectly but I have two question.

Using this the user pay the deposit and for delivery. Later, when I will have the product How can he pay for the rest?

Can I show this -if(!empty($row->deposit)) echo ' '.$row->deposit.'% deposit required';- in the product page?

Last edit: 11 years 3 days ago by dyvymtvar. Reason: New question

11 years 1 day ago #96587

No that won't work.
To know whether the user has already paid for the deposit is quite complex compared to a single condition.

Usually, the users pay the deposit on the website and then pay the rest when they come in for the service they purchased. For example, for a hotel room, they pay the deposit for the reservation on your website and pay the rest at the desk of the hotel at the checkout. So I think that in most cases, being able to pay the rest on the website is neither useful not wanted.

If you want your users to pay everything on your website, why not have them pay the whole amount directly ? Or pay in installments (some payment methods allow for that) ?

11 years 19 hours ago #96691

I have articles that I do not have in stock and are expensive, so if an user want it he can pay a deposit to order it and when I have he pay the rest.

In a lot of cases I should deliver the article so the user does not come to my shop.

The deposit plugin is close to be perfect but I wanted to know if it was possible to pay for the rest. Now I know it is not possible.

Another question about this.

It is possible to show in the article view a message like: "No stock. Deposit needed for reservation"
Not for all articles only for the articles who have the deposit active.

Thanks.

10 years 11 months ago #97186

Another question about this.

It is possible to show in the article view a message like: "No stock. Deposit needed for reservation"
Not for all articles only for the articles who have the deposit active.

Thanks.

10 years 11 months ago #97199

Sure, you can add such code:

<?php
if($this->element->deposit){
 echo 'No stock. Deposit needed for reservation';
} ?>

in the file show_default of the product view via the menu Display->Views.

10 years 11 months ago #97207

Nicolas you are the best but only a little more.

Is it possible to have this text in two different languages?

I am making a multilingual site so I need the same text in both languages.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds