Multiple sub categories displayed in module?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #5757

Hello,

I have recently begun working on a small website to display and sell comics. What we would like is for the comics to be organized first by Manufacturer (Category) then Title (Sub Category). I have set up a Module on the front page that displays the Category with images and links to the Sub Categories. I know that in order for the links and pages to work they have to be assigned to a menu but I cannot figure out how to get multiple working Sub Category links from the single front page Module. I can only select one listing for the associated menu.

Is there a way to have a module with links to multiple pages?

madhatterrgames.com is what I've started with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
13 years 3 months ago #5759

Hi,

Yes.
First, you need to create a new hikashop category listing menu in your joomla menu manager following that:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...html#categories_menu
If you don't want that menu to appear on your front page, you can just create a new main menu and attach that menu to it.
Once you're done, you can go in the options of your module (via the menu Display->Content modules) and set the option "menu" to the categories listing menu you created so that the system knows how to display the page once you clicked on one of the categories of your module.

13 years 3 months ago #5761

Yes, I believe I have all of that set up correctly.

Here are several screenshots of the settings for the menu and the module. If you go madhatterrgames.com and click any of the titles under the Dark Horse listing they all go to the same Category page instead of taking me to a page with the Sub Category listings of just that title.

madhatterrgames.com/images/menu_type.jpg
madhatterrgames.com/images/menu_settings.jpg
madhatterrgames.com/images/associated_modules.jpg
madhatterrgames.com/images/module_settings.jpg

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Madhatterr.

• Thank you received: 13102
13 years 3 months ago #5762

The problem is that you're using the same module for the listing of categories and as an associated module of your sub categories listing. You should create a new categories listing module which need to have the synchronize option active and the type of content as product, and then you can use that module as an associated module of your menu.

13 years 3 months ago #5764

Thank you! I think I'm starting to understand, at least I've gotten it working and the more I add to the site and get familiar with the options the more sense it will make. I appreciate the fast help.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds