Importing products with images from my hard drive

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #5765

Hi all.

After reading the available documentation on Hikashop Business Edition, it seems I must first upload all my images to a folder on the web host (default is media/com_hikashop/upload/) before I can refer to them in my CSV file for importing. Is there not a way where I can import directly from my C drive? It will be so much easier if I am able to upload directly from where my images already reside than to first have to upload hundreds of images and then trying to import them into Hiksahop.

I am convinced I am understanding this incorrectly and will appreciate having my understanding corrected.

Many Thanks
Deon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
13 years 3 months ago #5766

Hi,

Your website is not capable of reaching your computer data.
I'm not sure why you think it's hard to upload your images to that folder. Maybe you're thinking on uploading the images via the joomla media manager instead of uploading your files in FTP ?
You can use a FTP client like Filezilla to connect to your server and upload all your images to that folder in a few clicks.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #5767

You're absolutely correct Nicolas.. thank you. I forgot about the FTP option.

I purchased the Business Edition today and am currently studying the documentation on how to import data with images. It's quite daunting to try to understand how to relate the product characteristics with each product and set up individual pricing for each characteristic's variants but we'll get there eventually.

Many thanks.
Deon

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds