More information on listing pages?

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
13 years 3 months ago #5796

Salut,

Two wishes:

1). We would like to add information to the product listing views. In addition to title, image, price, and add-to-cart, I would like to show the full description, weight, length x width x height, and also two custom fields. Is this possible to achieve, by editing the Display Views? I was able to add the weight and dimensions to the "show" view (product detail page), but so far not to the listing views.

2). We would like to add "Next" and "Previous" links to the detail page. I can't see how to do this, and still keep within the same category. Is this a planned feature? Apologies if I missed the answer in the forum.

We have the business edition, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

-Henry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
13 years 3 months ago #5798

Hi,

1. You can add the description. Like for the "add to cart" button, there is an item box layout option when you edit your menus/modules hikashop options.
Adding other information should be quite easy to do by editing one of the views used for the display of the item boxes.
If you set the item box layout option to display "image and description", you will have to edit the file listing_img_desc of the view product via the menu Display->Views. There you could use code like these:
echo $this->row->custom_field_column_name;
echo $this->row->product_weight.$this->row->product_weight_unit;

2. The problem is that a product can have several categories and that the product page can be displayed from different places so it's not possible to create next and previous buttons which work in all the cases. The system wouldn't know which products could and couldn't be considered as the "next" product.
What you can do however is display the breadcrumb module so that your users can easily go back in the hierarchy of the navigation.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
13 years 3 months ago #5898

Nicolas,

Thank you for the excellent advice. Works perfectly! By putting the fields in listing_img_desc, they only show up on menus/modules configured to show the description. This gives a lot of flexibility.

But, you really should take a weekend day off, once in a while ;-)

Merci,

-Henry

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds