How to link product to remote files

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #5932

I want to sell downloadable audio files, which I see how to do. However, to control the size of the site that must be backed up, I save my audio files on Amazon S3 and link to them everywhere else on the site (the free access areas). How can I do that for a HikaShop Product, instead of uploading the file to HikaShop?

Or, if I can't link to a remote file, can I grant access to a page after someone has bought the product, where I can put the download links?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13115
13 years 4 months ago #5944

Hi,

Both are not possible. What we do in such cases is that in the option upload secure folder, in the config under the tab files, we put the path of a folder outside the joomla folder.

For example, if your joomla folder is /home/myuser/www/, instead of having the folder in media/com_hikashop/upload/secure, we create a new folder under /home/myuser and we put /home/myuser/mynewfolder in the upload secure folder option.
That way you can backup your website without the files. And the files are not accessible directly via the browser but only through HikaShop or FTP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds