Add Prepay discount option?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #683

I wanted to use your cat software for my GameHost website.
All features are nice, but how can i add option to the product so if someone wants to prepay (pay for 12 months in advance) to automatically get discount?

For game servers i managed to add per slot prices in Characteristics/Variants, but after they select the number of slots i would like to have for them option to choose for how long will they pay in advance.

Is that achievable (without need to create separate products)?

Thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
13 years 5 months ago #685

Why not creating a second characteristic which would be the number of months ?

That way, you could handle prices based on the slots and the number of months selected by the customers.

13 years 5 months ago #688

Yes, i considered that, but imagine i have let say server with slot options from 10-32 (22 variants with different prices), and if I add another value as renewal period (1, 3, 6, 12 months) with 4 options, can you calculate how many prices i have to add manually (88 to be precise).... tooo much.
It would be easier to have option so based on second Characteristic to reduce price by percent.

Idea:
On the right side to have another module 'Discount options' under product settings.
Discount options:
Name:
Description:
Discount amount - Price modifier (in %, or fixed):

That way I could add:
Name: Renewal period
Desc: 12 months ( 20% Discount)
Disc amount: 960% (which is equal as Price x 12 months - 20%)

13 years 5 months ago #689

So why not create additional prices for the variants you currently have, like this:

price minimum quantity
10 € 0
9 € 3
8 € 6
7 € 12

That way, the discount will be applied automatically based on the number of months they order.
When editing a variant to set its price, adding two or three additional prices doesn't take much more time.
Now the problem with this is that your users could buy 7 months and you might not want that ?
You can also create coupons and limit them to a minimum order price. That way, your users could enter the coupon in the checkout to get the discount applied and the system would check if they order for enough money:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-discount-form.html
The restrictions on discounts and coupons are only available in commercial versions of HikaShop.

13 years 5 months ago #690

This doesn't sound like a bad idea, but how could I change 'quantity' to something else like renewal date, and to add some more information to it?
Or if I could change from number input to dropbox?

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by serpent.

13 years 5 months ago #691

When you add several prices, you will see several prices on the product page like this: "x€ for at least 3 items bought".You can edit that message in the translation file of HikaShop under the tab languages of the configuration.

13 years 5 months ago #692

Thx, I'll look into that.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds