MSRP PRICE IN CATEGORY LISTING

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 1 week ago #100184

I suppose there is a very simple option to resolve my issue, but I can't find it.
I display MSRP price (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) at product page successfully.
However, I can't make it display on list of products in a category.

See below screenshots for details.

Is there any hint or do I need to modify some view to make it work?

MSRP displayed on product page:

MSRP not displayed on product list page:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
11 years 1 week ago #100426

I don't know how you display it on the product page, so I can't say for sure.
If you're using a discount (old method) it should display on both pages.
If you're using the "Retail price" field of the product edition page, then that's normal as it is only displayed on the product page.

You would have to remove the piece of code:
JRequest::getCmd('layout') == 'show' &&
in the file "listing_price" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views to have it on the products listing. Note that this code is at two places in the file and that you need to replace both.

The following user(s) said Thank You: watashi

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 11 months ago #102003

Hi,

I used Nicolas' explanation to display the MSRP in my product listing. This worked fine but as a side effect now my product price and title have switched places. Before I edited the product -> listing_price view the product title was above the product price in the product listing. Now my prices are shown above the product title. See attached image.
How can I change the order of the price and title back to the way it was? I want to show the product name directly below the image and below that the MSRP and the actual price. Which view do I need to change to achieve this?

Kind regards,
Chris

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13075
10 years 11 months ago #102022

The modification I proposed does not change the order of the elements on the listing.

The order of the elements is defined in the "listing_img_title" file of the product view.
You will see clearly defined blocks there for each element and you can swap the blocks of code to swap their displayed position on the listings.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxworks

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 11 months ago #102474

Hi Nicolas,
You are right. Apparently I had deleted my edited listing_img_title view by accident. After re-applying the changes to this view my elements are once more in the desired order. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds