Add custom module to product page

• Thank you received: 7
10 years 11 months ago #105668

Hi there,

I am using Joomla 2.5 with a template which allows me to assign modules to different template module positions.
I would like to add a custom HTML module (not a Hikashop module) to the hikashop product page.

I created a hidden menu in Joomla and selected the relevant hikashop 'product page' for the Joomla 'Menu item type'. I then published my custom HTML module to a free module position on my hikashop product page. However, the module does not appear. Can you please explain how I can get my custom html module to appear on the hikashop product page? I thought by assigning the hikashop product page to a hidden Joomla menu would make this work.. .but maybe not.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 11 months ago #105718

Hi,

You can use the option "Modules under the product page" in Config > Main > Product to display a module under the product page.

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 11 months ago #105730

Got the same "problem" but only hikashop modules apear under "Modules under the product page" in Config > Main > Product to display a module under the product page. No Custom HTML module available.

• Thank you received: 7
10 years 11 months ago #105733

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for the reply. However as I said I want to publish a Joomla 'custom HTML' module on the product page, not a Hikashop module.
Any more thoughts on this?

Thanks again

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 11 months ago #105773

Hi,

I think that with the Joomla functionality "{loadposition myposition}" you can load a module where you want.
You can try to add the code "{loadposition productpage}" at then end (or top) of the view "product / show_default".
Then in your modules parameters set the position to "productpage" and they will be displayed only on the product page.

The following user(s) said Thank You: boopoo

10 years 10 months ago #109818

Hi,

Adding just "{loadposition productpage}" won't work, but this will:

<?php
	$mypostion="{loadposition productpage}";
	echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$mypostion );
?>

source:
http://www.hikashop.com/fr/forum/5-support-en-francais-french-support-/80672-descriptif-produits.html#100582 ;)

6 years 11 months ago #268772

Some helpful advice here is that you have to manually enter the text "productpage" into the module position field.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds