Need a help customizing HIKASHOP

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 10 months ago #112984

Hi there

I bought your product, because other one was not so good and I get lot of recommendations.
I understood lot of setting, lot of them are wroking great, but there are two BIG problem for me.

1. The registration is not working at all. As you can check at website for which i bought this product www.biobox.sk/E-SHOP/checkout.html
nothing happend after I input all info (required or not), the screen just refresh without anz message, redirection, nothing.

Could you please help me.

2. is really important for me, because that why I bought you product.
My customer will sell vegetables and meat, so I need to set up your product to be able to order any nominal weight for product for those it is set. Some od product will be set for Per unit, some of them Per KG and customer of eshop could add any nominal weight they want.

I also need the component to show only Price per KG at product listing screen for product which are to be sold by any weight www.biobox.sk/E-SHOP/categoria/25-cerstve-ovocie.html
and also show this at product detail page www.biobox.sk/E-SHOP/produkt/190-ribezle-z-trebostova.html
I need to have selection of kg, or part of it, instead of unit ammount.

I Google Internet and also your forum, but I did not find any instruction for that. Im not a programmer or coder, so I would like to get clear instruction for this kind of modification. Otherwise is you product inapplicable for purposes I expect.

Thank you very much for your help.

Dominik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 10 months ago #113031

Hi,

1. Could you activate the debug mode of joomla, try it again, and tell me if you see an error message ?

2. I didn't exactly understood what you wanted to do, so can you explain it to me through so screenshots for example ?

10 years 10 months ago #113085

First at all I will provide version info> Joomla! 2.5.11 & Hikashop 2.1.3
AD 1. I activated Joomla Degub mode and there is set registration type> Simplified registration

I get following error, but it is impossible that user name is used, because it is simplified registration, im not providing username, just email. And the email I provide is not in database, and was never registrated in joomla or hikashop

Username is already used používaCall stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->dispatch() JROOT/index.php:42
2 JComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/includes/application.php:197
3 JComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:351
4 require_once() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:383
5 hikashopController->execute() JROOT/components/com_hikashop/hikashop.php:77
6 JController->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:1220
7 checkoutController->step() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:761
8 checkoutController->after_login() JROOT/components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php:330
9 checkoutController->_doRegister() JROOT/components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php:521
10 hikashopUserClass->register() JROOT/components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php:551
11 JError::raiseWarning() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php:520
12 JError::raise() JROOT/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:276

AD 2. Im asking for the same as here www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/59472...price-by-weight.html and especially here www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/20874-price-by-weight.html
but the answer "Well, that's possible to do that as well but that require some custom coding: " but im expecting more help, because im not a coder, i would like to ask you for step by step help

thank you very mych

• Thank you received: 13104
10 years 10 months ago #113119

Hi,

1. It's joomla which says that the username (the email address is used as username in simplified registration) is already used. So it's really the case.
Try with another email address and that should work fine.

Please note that your joomla template is not displaying messages which can be quite confusing on the checkout: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...issues.html#messages

2. You can create a custom item field called "weight" via Display>custom fields and then install and publish that plugin and it should work automatically.

File Attachment:

File Name: custom_qua...7-10.zip
File Size:1 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dkubik

10 years 10 months ago #113172

Hi

Thank you for your answer.

AD 1. We will check it and try another emails.

AD2. I did exactly what you recommend but the result is notwhat I need.
The eshop have to be able for selected products to get orders base on customers requirement of any weight, If he want 0,222kg he input this ammount, if customer wants 2,345kg provide thsi number and system will count price based on weight input, calculated using price per kg.
I attached screenshot.

Thank you

Attachments:

10 years 10 months ago #113185

Hi,

1. Regarding the text that you want to hide, you'll be able to do that :
- By using some CSS code.
Or
- By editing your your listing_price file of your product view of your front-end template.

2. If you want your quantity input to allow decimal number, you'll have to do a lot of code customization and it would require some development knowledge.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dkubik

10 years 10 months ago #113194

AD 1. Thank you, i will check it.

AD 2. O.K. So could you provide me some help how to do that? As I search forum, im not the only one who is looking for this kind of modification. So do you have some step-by - step manual or some helps for this kind of change.

Thank you

Best regards
Dominik

10 years 10 months ago #113197

2. Like it's said on this post :

You cannot enter a decimal value for a quantity. It's not something supported and not something easy to add for us as external services like paypal or the australia post do not support decimal quantity.

The easiest would be to put your product price for a cut and in the description the price in lb for reference. That way your customers could buy 1 cut, 2 cuts etc.

You'll probably be able to do that with some custom code, but for the moment Hikashop don't support decimal quantities.

10 years 10 months ago #113210

Hi
Mayby i explain it wrong, but Im not interested in "decimal value for a quantity" but decimal value for weight. Or you treat it like the same for your eshop solution?

If it is possible only by code change, could you please help me, how other customers those use Hikashop are customizing it for selling product which could have any weight?

For example, customer wants to order only 0,7kg of meat and he want to select it exactly to his cart.

thank you

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 10 months ago #113305

Hi,

The solution given by Nicolas should work, are you sure that you are using this plugin correctly ?

If it really don't answer to your needs, the customization require good php skills, and as I can see

im expecting more help, because im not a coder, i would like to ask you for step by step help

You can post a request in the commercial jobs part of this forum, or ask to a third developer.

10 years 10 months ago #114192

Hi

I follow the instruction given by Nicolas "You can create a custom item field called "weight" via Display>custom fields and then install and publish that plugin and it should work automatically." and in front end i get one filed, as you can see on first attached screenshot called back-ned, when I provide the number in this field, in front-end it looks like on second screenshot called front-end

Is this what it should work like, or am I doing something wrong?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 10 months ago #114249

Hi,

Yes the custom fields work like that, you can hide it in frontend if you want.
Just toggle the button of frontend in the custom fields listing.

10 years 10 months ago #114272

Hi

Yop, thank you. You answer me about the field. And what about your reply before "The solution given by Nicolas should work, are you sure that you are using this plugin correctly ?"

I wrote that I install and set it acording the given steps, but it doesnt works as I ask.
What exactly should this plugin do?

thank you

best regards Dominik

10 years 10 months ago #114283

Hi,

Can you show me how did you configured your "weight" custom field, trough "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields" ?

10 years 10 months ago #114312

Hello

I made a screenshot of details of this Field, please see the attached file.

Thank you
Dominik

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4006
10 years 10 months ago #114412

Hi,

As Nicolas said and as you said, we are talking about a "custom item field".
What you have configured is a "custom product field", not an item one.
Nicolas forget to mention that the custom item fields are available in the business edition of HikaShop, like the custom order fields.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Jerome.

10 years 9 months ago #119713

Hi

I did an uphgrade to business edition of Hikashop and while trying to add custom item field called weight I get an error

"Error Saving
The field "weight" already exists in the table "cart_product"
"

So how should I continue to use recommended procedure + plugin from Nicolas?

thank you very much

regards
Dominik

• Thank you received: 13104
10 years 9 months ago #119716

Hi,

Go in your phpmyadmin, edit the tables hikashop_cart_product and hikashop_order_product and remove the column "weight" if it exists and then try again.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds