Turn off pricing and turn on message for variant products

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #286177

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3

Hello!

I'm looking to turn a message on in the pricing area for my products with variants. I currently have this pricing message showing in standalone products, but it doesn't seem to show on products that have variants of any kind. I currently have the actual pricing showing for only certain login accounts. The rest of individuals are supposed to get this message. Does this feature exist? Can I have this message displaying on all the variant products as well?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 3 months ago #286183

Hi,

I suppose that if you don't set any price in the variant nor the main product, that message will appear as well.
If not, then there must be an issue with how the layout of the product page was customized on your website.

6 years 3 months ago #286226

I do need the pricing to show for certain login accounts. Can you explain the potential issue with how the layout of the product page was customized?

6 years 3 months ago #286234

Hi,

Well, I don't know how your product page was customized. So I can't say anything precise.
Maybe the listing_price view file was modified, maybe not, I don't what has been modified in it. Maybe it's handled in show_default, or maybe something else I didn't think about.
Really, I can't say.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DylanHika

6 years 3 months ago #286400

No worries! Your guess is as good as mine as far as what the former webmaster may have changed. I appreciate the direction!

6 years 2 months ago #287803

I have been told that variant pricing is created in administrator/com_hikashop/classes/. Could you help me out with the path to finding this? They say it is pretty hidden.

• Thank you received: 611
6 years 2 months ago #287857

Hello,

Before check in your files maybe you have to check that the customization is in HikaShop override Views.
For this, follow these steps :
- Go to Main HikaShop Configuration page
- Then on Display dropdown and select Views
- Use the 3 dropdown filters with product/ Your Template/ frontend
- Look if you have the little trash icon

If you want to try without click of the trash icon after saved on your side the View code file to keep it.
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Philip.

6 years 1 month ago #289143

Philip,

We have product listing_price and product listing_price2. For whatever reason, "price2" has only the original code from "price," plus a small custom message I entered into it, but it is necessary to display our products. "price" has no code on it, and, in it's natural state, causes glitches, such as displaying prices when the price is turned off. I'm not sure if this is too difficult to explain or work through via messages here, or if there's somewhere else you'd like me to look, but I am happy to try just about anything.

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 611
6 years 1 month ago #289169

Hello,

Hard to tell, or be sure to follow you well, so can you precise what you want to achieve with this customization :
- Explain the context, something like this :
1°) case : Display => Message
2°) case : Don't display message

- In order to understand your current glitch, details configuration around your product and results.
=> Maybe that will able us to understand what's going on.
=> Second point, maybe we can't guide you to perform your customization.

Awaiting news from you.
Regards

6 years 1 month ago #289310

With this customization, I simply would like to display prices only for the profiles labeled as "dealer."
Case 1: Dealer logs in and can see all MSRP listings for products on the site
Case 2: Anyone else visits the site and cannot see any pricing for any products.

With product listing_price having all of its original code, the price displays for every product all the time. However, with view files turned on, it says the price is sourcing from product listing_price2.

Dylan

6 years 1 month ago #289314

Hi,

Displaying the prices only for some users and not others is something that's possible by default.
You just set the user groups you want in each price in each product and that should do it.
If it doesn't work with listing_price2.php you can edit the view calling it (show_default, or show_tabular, you can see it with the Display view files setting) and change the listing_price2.php code to listing_price.php to use the default listing_price.
If the fact of reverting to listing_price.php makes you loose some customization you had in listing_price2.php, you'll have to backport the changes from listing_price2.php to listing_price.php

6 years 1 month ago #290078

I went through and was able to make each variant product display price individually, rather than doing it on a mass basis. However, now the product codes are hidden as well, although I didn't opt for this to happen. Do you know how I can get that do display again?

6 years 1 month ago #290080

Just wanted to send some attachments to make this more clear. When you search a product on our website, it shows up, but when you click the options, the product code disappears. For example, the product code shows when I search F833881A5 and click on the item, but if I click "No Brakes" it will then say product not available. I'm hoping to remedy this glitch.

Thanks!

Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #290108

Hi,

This means that there is a problem with how the product layout view file (show_default, or show_tabular, you can see it with the Display view files setting) was customized.
Unfortunately, I can't say more with just screenshots and without knowing how the product layout was customized.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds