How to make the link inside the browser

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #298098

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12

Hello Support and team,
thanks for all the support, I have a new question, there is a link in URL Private I sent it to you, it shows the .com/menu/category/12-burger
how we can make this look nicer, like , .com/Menu/Burger/Hamburger for example?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 612
5 years 7 months ago #298108

Hello,

Can you provide again your url, references and access one more time but this time with in your message an url link to this topic in order to keep the link between all informations ?

Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #298271

I sent it in the private section, please review my ticket you should find it, thanks again for all your help and support

5 years 7 months ago #298276

Hello,

Thanks to don't use the PM because, we are several people in the HikaShop team that may help you, and so you must use the Contact Us form, but with in your message an Url link to this topic to keep the link.
Note that for a reason or another I haven't received anyway your message... But thanks to use only the Contact us.

Regards

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #298300

Hello,
I have no idea what is PM, but I was trying when I have created this topic, there is was an area says only for admins were you could information and check the box to hide the link, there is what I did , however still I can use the contact us page so you can take a look, thanks, does it PM Means Private MSG, if so that wasn't my intention , Thanks

5 years 7 months ago #298304

Hello,

Oh my god, I just have a look on your 2 webpages, and now I get your point... You mean change your Url by look nicier ?!...
I was thinking that you want make some Css and aesthetic point... I'm really sorry for this...

You have in your product configuration page and in the SEO part, you can define a canonical URL, like on my screenshot :

Sorry again for the misunderstood and so, the delay to help you.

Regards

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #298342

Hello Phill,
and thank for the quick reply, i think was from the beginning my mistake not yours, I was not clear enough, here you go what i'm trying to ask help with and even if is it possible or not?
see this link
www.supersteakandlemonade.com/menu/category/12-burgers

can we make this link like this?

www.supersteakandlemonade.com/menu/burgers

Thanks and i really appreciate your work as a team, this is so far is the best Cart I ever seen, very comprhensive

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by affaf1952.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

5 years 7 months ago #298355

Hello,

My answer will be close to the previous, when you reach some HikaShop page and if you have the option "Canonical URL" you can enter directly what you want, and the Url will change (after have load the page from the "process Url") to fit your needs.
I guide you, here you have to go in your Categories configuration page :

Hope this will help you.

Regards

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #298370

Hello Philip,
and thanks for all your effort to help, please watch my 1-minute video and let me know what I'm doing wrong, thanks

youtu.be/gpZdZF7H32o

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by affaf1952.

5 years 6 months ago #298400

Hello,

Right, forget your Cannonical Url input and remove what you've done (you can let it blank).
I forget that in HikaShop you have an options especially to fit your needs, here remove your category id (12-burgers).
Go to your HikaShop Main Configuration, then in Features go in SEF URL OPTIONS part, and look for "Remove products and categories id in URLs" option

This in your case may do the trick

Note : Other subject and for the next time, we don't allow to use video to explain issue, keep in mind that one of the forum purpose is to be a references for other users, and so read text is the best way to proceed and to keep all of this fluent, later your video can be remove or can inaccessible for some users etc...
Thanks for your attention.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #298408

Thank you for the note, i will follow up with it, the trick works but still showing me the category and the product, i want to see www.ourwebsite.vom/menu/burger/hamburger , not www.supersteakandlemonade.com/menu/product/hamburger
these also adjustment i did im not sure wrong or right but also it did not work

Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by affaf1952.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 6 months ago #298414

Hi,

The canonical URL setting is not a SEF alias feature.
This means that you can't put whatever URL you want there and the URL will work.
No. The canonical URL main use is to advertise to search engines which URL you want to be indexed for a product. The URL has to be valid in the first place.
So you can turn off the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting and empty the canonical URL field of the product.
Instead, empty the setting "product SEF name" of the Hikashop configuration and if you had the URL:
www.supersteakandlemonade.com/menu/product/hamburger
it will automatically become:
www.supersteakandlemonade.com/menu/hamburger
since the "product" part of the URL comes from the "product SEF name" setting of the HikaShop configuration.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds