Regulating browser page titles

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Business
8 months 3 days ago #354649

Now that we are live with the new whitewatermarineinc.com/ , we need to turn to SEO. The first thing I note is that control of the browser page title via the HIKA menu item doesn't work.
I found a thread which seems to shed some light. The secret is in categories/options? Having trouble finding it.
I can however live with the default setup, whereby we regulate browser page title via the SEO settings of product.
What puzzles me a little is that at the menu item level, meta description does work. Just not browser page title.
I suppose that if I input some data into the product SEO settings, that will override whatever values I enter at the menu item level.
-Jim Gribble

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 months 2 days ago by jgribble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
8 months 2 days ago #354651

Hi,

Products are usually accessed from products listings. And so, for the same menu item leading you to the listing of the products, you would have the same menu item, and thus the same page title for each product listed when you access their product details page.
Because of this, each product has a setting "page title" that you can configure on the edit page of the product. That way, you can configure the page title for each product.
And since there is this setting in the product, it doesn't make sense to take into account the page title of the menu item, even if it's a product details page menu item leading directly to one product.

Last edit: 8 months 2 days ago by nicolas.

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Business
8 months 1 day ago #354703

Makes sense. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds