Align mobile view with desktop

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Business
8 months 1 day ago #354704

We like to maintain design continuity across all devices. Hikashop does a pretty good job of that but needs some help in places. Buttons are always an issue when we have a big site with lots of moving parts, but want design harmony.
I've been having a devil of a time with buttons.
Here you will see the desktop view as compared to mobile view.
I also have included the operative code. The file name is hikashop.css.
The problem is, I can see it in my inspector and edit it there, but I can't find it in the system. It doesn't appear to be accessible through the display/css tab. So where is it? Am I wrong? Where can I stash my override to bring the mobile button into style compliance with the rest of the site?
Thank you,
-Jim Gribble

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 months 1 day ago by jgribble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
8 months 1 day ago #354706

Hi,

You don't need to be able to override the CSS file completely to be able to override a CSS piece.
For example, if I have the code:

.hikashop_button{ color: red; }
in the file hikashop.css, but I want to change the color of that button to something else, I don't need to be able to override the hikashop.css file.
I can just add my own CSS in another file which will be loaded after it, like the style_custom.css file, with a code like:
.hikashop_button{ color: blue; }
So you can add your button CSS to the "styles for frontend" and it will work.
This is even better than directly modifying the CSS in hikashop.css. That's because when you update HikaShop, and we make changes in hikashop.css you will get the changes automatically without doing anything. That's actually precisely why we don't allow you to directly modify/override the hikashop.css file.
I would even argue that you should avoid customizing the frontend CSS and move your customization of it to the style in the frontend. That will save you time in the future.

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Business
8 months 21 hours ago #354736

Thanks, Nicholas, sounds like this will be pretty easy to implement. I was having trouble getting it work in my inspector tools. But now I'm sure it will work.,
-Jim G.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds