Create shipping zones

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
2 months 4 weeks ago #358638

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 5.0.2

Hi!

My store ships products only in Attiki, Greece. What i want to do is, add all the areas of Attiki as zones so when the users add their shipping address they would have to select the area, not the country or the state.
I tried doing that by creating shipping zones but it didn't work as expected when i had to create the custom field for the areas.

So i made Attiki a country and the areas=states but i don't know if that is the correct way to do it.

Thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
2 months 4 weeks ago #358639

Hi,

You could do it like that.
But you could also just use a custom field of the type "single dropdown" with the different values for the different areas.
Using states with a custom zone field would be the best solution if you need to restrict the shipping methods based on the selection made by the customer in that field.

The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
2 months 4 weeks ago #358675

Hi,

The dropdown would not work for me here, every area has different shipping cost.
So would it work like this?

Attiki=State
and
Areas=Shipping zones

Thank you

• Thank you received: 13071
2 months 4 weeks ago #358681

Hi,

If you have states for your areas, you can directly select each state in the "zone" setting of your shipping methods. You don't necessarily need to have shipping zones, unless you want to group several states for the same shipping method.

The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds