Question about affilate program / session

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 8 months ago #117710

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.kiteoutlet.eu
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.1.3 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.11 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.5

I've got a question about the affiliate program that's built into Hikashop Business Edition.
The links that are provided for affiliates all end in /?partner_id=## This partner_id is only appended to the link trough which the visitor enters the page. Is the activity for users who visit the page through an affiliate link tracked for that entire single session, or only for the page that they are directed to? Or is the affiliate ID stored for an even longer time through coockies in the users browser?
So, are clicks and/or purchases linked to the affiliate for only one page, one visit or for a period of time? I want to know this to understand if I can only rdirect users to specific items or if I can just send them to the home page through a link with an affiliateID.

Kind regards,
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 8 months ago #117841

Hi,

The link with the partner id add an entry in the session, so the affiliation is for a sale on any product bought during that session.
So you can redirect them to home page.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 8 months ago #117914

Hi Xavier,
Thank you for the answer.

I have another question about the way the affiliate program works.
I have set the option for "Percentage fee including shipping" to NO, and the "Percentage fee on sales" to 5%.
I have placed a test order through an affiliate link. The price for the product was €90, and shipping was €3.
I would expect the percentage value to be calculated as 5% × €90 = €4.5.
However, both in the affiliate screen and in the order overview the "Partner Fee" is shown to be €4.65 (5% of €93).
So the partner fee is still calculated with the shipping costs included.

What can I do to make sure that shipping costs are NOT included in the calculation of the partner fee?
(See attached screenshot for details.)

Kind regards,
Chris

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 8 months ago #117986

Hi,

There is a mistake with the translation, you have to check "Yes" to exclude the shipping fee.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds