Discount through affiliation program

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 8 months ago #247359

I have a quick questions. We are about to set up and affiliation program and we have figured it out how to setup. The question is if there is a way whoever clicks on the url of the affiliate's website and comes to our site to get automatically a discount but only if he comes from the affiliate's website.

Thank you!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
7 years 8 months ago #247365

Hi,

There is no option for that.

You can do the opposite: when the customer uses a specific coupon code, you can force a specific affiliate.

7 years 8 months ago #247423

Hello,

Thank you for your quick response. Have a great day!!!

7 years 8 months ago #247453

So I have another question about this. I set up a coupon for e.g. 5% off and I "force to affiliation" to a specific affiliate. I have set up the "percentage fee on sales" at the configuration/affiliate at hikashop for 10%. My question is what happens in the following scenarios:

1. Customer comes from affliate's website and uses the coupon: I guess customer gets 5% off and affiliate gets 5% of the sale.
2. Customer comes from affiliate's website but doesn't use the coupon: I guess affiliate gets the whole 10% of the sale.
3. Customer doesn't come from affiliate's website but uses the coupon: I guess customer gets 5% off and affiliate gets 5% of the sale.
4. Customer doesn't come from affiliate's website but doesn't use the coupon: I guess affiliate gets the whole 10% of the sale, if the cookies are still active for the affliate's website at customer's browser.

Please let me know if that is correct?

Thank you so much!!

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Chronis.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 8 months ago #247457

Hi,

If you configured 10% fee for your affiliates, they will always get 10%.
You can override the percentage fee per affiliate (in the customer edition interface) ; but the percentage do not change if a coupon is used or not.
Now it is a feature that we can add in our TODO list if you want to specify a new affiliate fee when the "force affiliation to" is used on a coupon.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 8 months ago #247478

Thank you for your quick reply!!

So just to clarify things, if I have a coupon code for 5% off and I have set that forced to a specific affiliate, then the affiliate will get 5% of the sale and the customer 5% off?

I'm trying to figure out, how exactly the "force affiliation to" works.

Thanks again!!

7 years 8 months ago #247486

Hi,

No. If you set 5% in the coupon, the customer will get 5% that's all. If you set the "force affiliation to" to a partner, when the customer will use that coupon code, the partner will be added as affiliate to the order and he will receive the commission percentage as stated either in the settings of that partner, or in the Affiliates section of the HikaShop configuration.

7 years 8 months ago #247531

Thank you so much, that clarifies things!!

Have an awesome weekend!!!

• Thank you received: 26
  • Hikashop Business
2 months 4 weeks ago #358621

Hi nicolas,
This situation is still the same, can't a discount or a coupon be added automatically when a buyer comes to the site through an affiliate link?

2 months 4 weeks ago #358631

Hi,

There is no such setting. The problem with that is that a coupon can only be added to a cart once the user added something to the cart. So the user is supposed to manually enter his coupon during the checkout. Then, the affiliate will be automatically linked to his order.
One easy solution would be to use an affiliate link which would add a product to the cart and add a coupon at the same time. That's possible if you provide the correct URL to the partner: www.hikashop.com/forum/discount-coupon/8...ith-coupon-code.html
But that's only realistic if you're selling only one product the partner would be interested in advertising to his audience.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 4 weeks ago #358654

And yet, the coupons have the option "Auto load in cart if possible".
I saw an even older post of yours #91730 , if this is still available, maybe I will try to make a plugin for this.
For the moment, I'm not forced to use this, I see if I can use the available option in hikashop, by associating the discount code with an affiliate.
It seems to be an even simpler solution, but I will see if I will be asked about the links.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 3 weeks ago #358795

What would be the correct approach to implement this thing, so that a coupon can "Auto load in cart if possible" only if there is an affiliate, should I create a new plugin or should this option be added to the already existing coupon creation section in hikashop?
Can you guide me?
Thank you!

I was about to hit "submit" button but I checked a little more and noticed that in the Coupons option
Force affiliation to I can select current customer partner
With this option and the check below (where we check if there is a partner in the cookie), we can have a very powerful feature.
Because we will be able to create a single coupon that can be used in combination with any affiliate, without having to create a coupon for each affiliate.

$partner = JRequest::getCmd('hikashop_affiliate',0,'cookie');
if(empty($partner)) continue;

That will skip all the discounts if there is no partner.

Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by oxido.

2 months 3 weeks ago #358798

Hi,

That indeed sounds like a good solution for what you want to do.
You can implement the onBeforeCouponCheck event and set $do to false in order to cancel the auto load when the affiliate cookie is not there.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...#onBeforeCouponCheck

The following user(s) said Thank You: oxido

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds