What you bid is what you pay

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 11 months ago #292582

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- HikaAuction version -- : 2.1.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

How do i setup what you bid is what you pay. I have read all the post and i know you guys state you modeled it after auction house and its not a live auction.. but i would really like to change to what you bid is what you pay and not the second highest amount

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 11 months ago #292634

Hello,

Can you give us more information about what you exactly mean by "What you bid is what you pay" ? So that we can we can properly advise you, thank you.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 11 months ago #292852

Hi if three people are bidding, bidder 3 wins he only pays $150, why can't the winner pay the amount that he offered to pay $200 ?

bidder 1: $100
bidder 2: $150
bidder 3: $200

5 years 11 months ago #292880

Hello,

It's actually how auctions are generally being processed online.

The current bid will always be equals to :
[0 - 1] bid => The starting price
More than 2 bids => The second (customer) highest bid + bidding increment, the bidder with the highest bid will always be the winner until a customer bid with an higher value.

We already planned on adding more mode in the future but note that if you really need it, you can edit the code of the "getAuctionCurrentPrice" function via "administrator\components\com_hikaauction\classes\auction.php" which is responsible of the calculation of the auction current price.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tradend

5 years 11 months ago #292912

Hi thank you my friend i will have a look, this comment you made "It's actually how auctions are generally being processed online." seems a bit off. I live in South Africa and our inhouse auction and online auction definitely do not work like yours, in our country we pay what we bid, I am assuming you based you app on a country that works with your type of auction method.

Thanks for your help would you be able to give me the exact code that i need to change to accomodate my country?

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 11 months ago #292963

Hi,

Mohamed said that it is how auctions usually works online.
It's quite inpractical to have online auctions work like real life auctions due to the delay. Usually, an online auction spans over several days, and people won't be able to always check the website for new bids and add their bids. So instead they give their maximum willing bid amount and are notified only if someone has a higher amount.
I suppose that you know of ebay, the biggest online auction website in the world. And it works like that too.

As Mohamed said, we plan on adding a mode to work like what you're talking about in the future.
In the mean time, code would have to be modified like Mohamed explained. This will require some development (a few hours at least) and thus it's not something we can give like that. If you need someone to work on that for you, I would recommend contacting our partners:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

5 years 10 months ago #293501

Hi can you please tell Mohamed that not how it work in our country South Africa and if you think i'm going to change a way a country does business then you completely wrong. Please ask Mohamed to visit the biggest site in south africa www.bidorbuy.co.za

Thanks for the offer by the posts i read you guys have been promising this update for sometime so it should be soon

5 years 10 months ago #293525

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and for the reference !

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 6 months ago #299230

Hello,

We just released a new version of HikaAuction in which we have added an "Auction mode" option and a lot of other things.
You can set that option to "English Auction" via "HikaAuction->Configuration" which will enable your auction system to work like you wanted :

Hi if three people are bidding, bidder 3 wins he only pays $150, why can't the winner pay the amount that he offered to pay $200 ?

bidder 1: $100
bidder 2: $150
bidder 3: $200

For more information about that new release, her is the change log :
www.hikashop.com/home/blog/423-hikaauction-3-0.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 6 months ago #299242

You guys are awesome thank you so much.. busy installing now

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds