- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Out of memory
- ianpanorton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 6.1.2
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 39321600) (tried to allocate 1048576 bytes) in /home/leadbett/public_html/newsite/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 439
Hi - I've only just installed Hikashop, and I'm in the very very early stages of setting it up.
When I try to go to the checkout after adding an item to the trolley, I get the above error message.
I have checked my PHP memory allowance and it is set to 128M.
I've seen a few other posts on this subject, but none quite seem to apply to me.
Have you any thoughts?
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Did you checked that kind of thread :
It means that the memory requirements exceed the default memory limit(64Mo), I think that you can maybe solve this by adding a line like this to the server’s php.ini file:
memory_limit = 128M
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ianpanorton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The memory allocation can change depending the action you made in the website.
The image processing (creation of the thumbnails) some product listing (when a lot of data is loaded from the database) can be two memory consuming actions.
The creation of the thumbnails is just a temporally action because when the images are all generated, there is no need to HikaShop to re-create them. So the first time you add a lot of products, in the front-end HikaShop have to create the corresponding thumbnails to the product images.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ianpanorton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
I'm just experimenting at this stage, so I have only two products in the shop. I don't think that should be stretching the system too much
I have now upgraded the php memory to 256M - and I still appear to have the same problem.
Anything else I can try?
Thanks again,
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Look at the error message. It still says (allocated 39321600) and 39321600 is equal to 36M of memory or something like that, not 128M. I would recommend to contact your hosting company in order to make sure that the procedure you're using to change the memory limit is the correct one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ianpanorton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
I'll check it out with my host and let you know what happens.
Best wishes
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ianpanorton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
I've talked to the host and they say there is sufficient memory allocated to php, and that there is something else going wrong, despite the error message. This is their reply to me:
As you can see with the following, your server's PHP limit is set to 256:
leadbett@leadbetters.co.uk [~]# php -i | grep memory_l
memory_limit => 256M => 256M
As such, everything on the server is running as expected. It appears that this is an issue with the script that is being used. However, I did tail the Apache error log to see if it could help you further with this investigation.
When I tailed the Apache error log, this is what it shows:
[Thu Mar 27 11:21:09 2014] [error] [client 69.36.160.253] File does not exist: /home/leadbett/public_html/newsite/templates/responsive/css/component.css, referer: www.leadbetters.co.uk/newsite/index.php/...-cart/tmpl-component
It appears that some files that are being called are not on your server.
This is getting beyond my capabilities. Do you have any ideas?
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
They say that the server limit is 256M, then why does the error message on your website says that it's 36M ? I'm sorry but it's the error message displayed by their PHP engine on their server which says that the limit is reached at 39321600, not me.
The log on the missing CSS file has nothing to do with that error message, and in fact comes from your template, not HikaShop. But a missing CSS file won't change anything regarding the memory usage.
I'm sorry to say, but it seems that they are trying to avoid the question by providing unrelated information.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ianpanorton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Thanks again,
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.