• Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #156643

www.thedoghouseboutique.co.uk
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1 essential
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla 5.0
No error message displayed.

Hi there
I'm a complete newbie and have run into problems with registration and checkout.
Basically, when I click to checkout, I complete the registration form and when I click to register I get taken to the Home page. No account is created in the back end, no emails sent. I am unable to checkout. No error is displayed, even if I change template to look for one.

However, if I login via Joomla login which was on my page prior to installing Hikashop, I can create users and then add address later at checkout.

I want to be able to use the shopping cart smoothly and register from there, as it should be.

Can you help. If you need login details, I can email them as I do not have much experience and cannot find a similar problem posted anywhere.

Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13084
9 years 11 months ago #156651

Hi,

That's because of a javascript error on the registration page:
Uncaught ReferenceError: register is not defined

Replace the line:

if((simplified_pwd && simplified_pwd.checked) || (registrer && registrer.checked) || (!simplified_pwd && !register)){
by:
if((simplified_pwd && simplified_pwd.checked) || (registrer && registrer.checked) || (!simplified_pwd && !registrer)){
in the file media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js and that will fix it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BRupholdt, thedoghouse

9 years 11 months ago #156707

I am having the same error and have updated the javascript but the system is still redirecting to the home page and does not give any error messages.

9 years 11 months ago #156709

It doesn't produce any error message at all. I have no idea how to effect that change in JavaScript.

As I said I'm a complete newbie. Just very disappointed that I've paid for the essential edition and it has such a fundamental problem that no purchases can be made.

9 years 11 months ago #156796

Also, I have been using the developer console and did not see any other javascript issues when trying to register a new account.

Any suggestions welcome as our store won't work very well if users can't register & pay :)

Thank you
David

9 years 11 months ago #156801

One more note is I am not seeing any of the javascript alerts (alert(hikashopFieldsJs...) so I am not sure if the registration problem is a javascript issue or an application (back-end) issue.

I'll enable debugging shortly and try again.

9 years 11 months ago #156825

Made the change suggested above and the problem is resolved . Thanks.

9 years 11 months ago #156844

Ah it did fix it for me; I just don't seem to have any of the joomla messages; I must have removed something when I rearranged the template.

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 11 months ago #158346

I just find out I have same problem.
every time I try register is doing nothing just redirect to same page.
http://...........com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&Itemid=587&lang=en

I really do like this software, but I starting to be very disappointed and start think to use Money Back Policy option.
If I have to customize, correct scripts on my own , I 'll give up.
I still have 2 weeks to 30 days period. I hope we going together make this work.
I will sent you soon e-mail with all my issue and I will do appreciate your help.

P.S. I'm sorry for posting this here but I'm trying to get your attention.

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 11 months ago #158372

Hello,
Did you made the change suggested above by Nicolas ?

Replace the line:

if((simplified_pwd && simplified_pwd.checked) || (registrer && registrer.checked) || (!simplified_pwd && !register)){
by:
if((simplified_pwd && simplified_pwd.checked) || (registrer && registrer.checked) || (!simplified_pwd && !registrer)){

• Hikashop Business
9 years 11 months ago #158496

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
Did you made the change suggested above by Nicolas ?

Replace the line:

by:

I did.
here is my code;
if(type=='register'){
			//check the password confirmation field only if we are in selector registration and that the user selected "registration" or "simplified registration", or that the registration is on "all in one page" and that the password confirmation field is there
			var registrer = document.getElementById('data_register_registration_method0');
			if(!registrer){
				registrer = document.getElementById('data[register][registration_method]0');
			}
			var simplified_pwd = document.getElementById('data_register_registration_method3');
			if(!simplified_pwd){
				simplified_pwd = document.getElementById('data[register][registration_method]3');
			}
				//check password
				if(typeof varform.elements['data[register][password]'] != 'undefined' && typeof varform.elements['data[register][password2]'] != 'undefined'){
					passwd = varform.elements['data[register][password]'];
					passwd2 = varform.elements['data[register][password2]'];
					if(passwd.value!=passwd2.value){
						alert(hikashopFieldsJs['password_different']);
						return false;
					}
				}
			}

• Hikashop Business
9 years 11 months ago #158587

Is anybody checking this problem or we have to just give up and not using registration form ??

9 years 11 months ago #158639

No need to give up. The solution I provided is the correct one for the problem of this thread.
But if it doesn't change anything for you, then you probably have another problem. Unfortunately, without looking at the page directly like we did for the other users on that thread, we cannot tell if the modification has been done properly, or if you have the same problem, and if it's another problem, we'll need to analyze it to provide a different solution.

We got your contact request and we'll reply to it in order to be able to check that page.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 11 months ago #158864

I was about to provide you my list with software problem, but you cancel my subscription.
@Nicolas, check e-mail I sent you at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Something is seriously not right,..

9 years 10 months ago #159893

Hi Nicolas,
i have no idea where to find that file.Sorry but im a rookie at this

9 years 10 months ago #159931

Usually your hosting company provides either a file manager or a FTP access in order to modify the files of your website.
So using the file manager or a FTP client, you can look at the files of the website, go in the folder media/com_hikashop/js and you'll see the file. Edit it, do the modification and save and that's it.
An alternative to these two methods is to use a Joomla extension file manager:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...ents/file-management

9 years 10 months ago #160929

Bonjour Nicolas,

j'ai fais la modif, ligne 78 (copie du code)
if(type=='register'){
//check the password confirmation field only if we are in selector registration and that the user selected "registration" or "simplified registration", or that the registration is on "all in one page" and that the password confirmation field is there
var registrer = document.getElementById('data_register_registration_method0');
if(!registrer){
registrer = document.getElementById('data[register][registration_method]0');
}
var simplified_pwd = document.getElementById('data_register_registration_method3');
if(!simplified_pwd){
simplified_pwd = document.getElementById('data[register][registration_method]3');
}
if ((simplified_pwd && simplified_pwd.checked) | | (inscrivez && registrer.checked) | |! (simplified_pwd && registrer)) {
//check password
if(typeof varform.elements[password]'] != 'undefined' && typeof varform.elements[password2]'] != 'undefined'){
passwd = varform.elements[password]'];
passwd2 = varform.elements[password2]'];
if(passwd.value!=passwd2.value){
alert(hikashopFieldsJs);
return false;

Cela ne marche pas
Suis en caraphe ....SNIFF
Je fais quoi?

Merci
Michel

9 years 10 months ago #160936

Bonjour,

Vous vous êtes trompé en faisant la modification.
Vous avez mis:

if ((simplified_pwd && simplified_pwd.checked) | | (inscrivez && registrer.checked) | |! (simplified_pwd && registrer)) {

au lieu de :
if ((simplified_pwd && simplified_pwd.checked) || (inscrivez && registrer.checked) ||! (simplified_pwd && registrer)) {
(les espaces entre les | font que votre code n'est plus valide)

Faites la modification correctement et cela fonctionnera :)

9 years 10 months ago #161081

:(

Cela ne marche toujours pas
}
if(!simplified_pwd){
}
//check password
if(typeof varform.elements[password]'] != 'undefined' && typeof varform.elements[password2]'] != 'undefined'){
passwd = varform.elements[password]'];
passwd2 = varform.elements[password2]'];

Site en essai
meliani.biotoo.com

Sniff, je fais quoi ?
Merci de ton aide
Michel

9 years 10 months ago #161097

Cela ne marche toujours pas.

J'ai vérifié le code,

merci de voir de votre coté
sous domaine pour essai :

meliani.biotoo.com

J'ai besoin d'avancer , suis planté depuis lundi
Merci

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds