- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
extra service fee at checkout
12 years 3 months ago #160769
by dar3d3vil
extra service fee at checkout was created by dar3d3vil
Hello!
I was wondering if there was a way to add a radio button in the checkout screen that would allow customers to pay an extra fee for a service.
For example, after picking their product, when they are in the checkout screen, have a button saying "click here to have us install the product for $20" or something like that. See below example.
___________________________
CHECKOUT Step 1
SHIPPING METHOD
PAYMENT METHOD
PRODUCT ---- PRODUCT PRICE ---- QUANTITY
TOTAL price
* RADIO BTN/CHECK BOX* ---- we install product for you $20
SHIPPING
TAXES
FINAL PRICE
I was wondering if there was a way to add a radio button in the checkout screen that would allow customers to pay an extra fee for a service.
For example, after picking their product, when they are in the checkout screen, have a button saying "click here to have us install the product for $20" or something like that. See below example.
___________________________
CHECKOUT Step 1
SHIPPING METHOD
PAYMENT METHOD
PRODUCT ---- PRODUCT PRICE ---- QUANTITY
TOTAL price
* RADIO BTN/CHECK BOX* ---- we install product for you $20
SHIPPING
TAXES
FINAL PRICE
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #160770
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic extra service fee at checkout
Hi,
You can add such custom field thanks to the custom fields of type "order", and it will require a plugin in order to edit the order price when creating the order.
Here is some documentation:
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...r-documentation.html
You can add such custom field thanks to the custom fields of type "order", and it will require a plugin in order to edit the order price when creating the order.
Here is some documentation:
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...r-documentation.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161019
by dar3d3vil
Replied by dar3d3vil on topic extra service fee at checkout
This looks complicated. I will give it a try, but if I cannot accomplish this, can I hire a developer to make this work?
Are there other threads that relate to this scenerio?
thanks
Are there other threads that relate to this scenerio?
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161051
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic extra service fee at checkout
Yes, it requires a developer to do that.
You can find one on our partners page: www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html or via our commercial jobs forum, joomlancers.com or resources.joomla.org
I don't know of any other thread related to such capability.
Usually, users settle for a simpler solution:
-either they duplicate the shipping methods in order to have two choices (with/without install) with different prices.
-or they configure an option for the products (that way they can ask the install fee for each product in the cart): www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ct-form.html#options
You can find one on our partners page: www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html or via our commercial jobs forum, joomlancers.com or resources.joomla.org
I don't know of any other thread related to such capability.
Usually, users settle for a simpler solution:
-either they duplicate the shipping methods in order to have two choices (with/without install) with different prices.
-or they configure an option for the products (that way they can ask the install fee for each product in the cart): www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ct-form.html#options
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161447
by dar3d3vil
Replied by dar3d3vil on topic extra service fee at checkout
How about a characteristic?
I have made a t-shirt website with charcteristics and on that website the XXL shirts cost an extra $2. For example, you buy the product or you can by the product with install (for extra fee).
Can this be done by mass action?
I have made a t-shirt website with charcteristics and on that website the XXL shirts cost an extra $2. For example, you buy the product or you can by the product with install (for extra fee).
Can this be done by mass action?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161480
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic extra service fee at checkout
You can add a characteristic with a mass action.
But you can do it for an option.
The option sounds most suited to what you want than characteristic so why not try with an option ?
But you can do it for an option.
The option sounds most suited to what you want than characteristic so why not try with an option ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161651
by dar3d3vil
Replied by dar3d3vil on topic extra service fee at checkout
I did a test of one product with one option. I created a product called extra service ($20) and ..... it WORKED! Thanks Nicolas. That was great advice. Just what I was looking for.
Now I need to figure out how to add this option to 40,000 products. Should I use the csv's I created or can mass action do this?
Can mass action handle this many products? I found the csv import couldn't handle 40,000, so I broke it up into 4 sheets containing about 10,000 products a piece.
If mass action can do this, can you guide through the steps?
Now I need to figure out how to add this option to 40,000 products. Should I use the csv's I created or can mass action do this?
Can mass action handle this many products? I found the csv import couldn't handle 40,000, so I broke it up into 4 sheets containing about 10,000 products a piece.
If mass action can do this, can you guide through the steps?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161689
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic extra service fee at checkout
Hi,
Mass actions can do it but you need to break it into several pieces too.
Here is a screenshot explaining how to setup the mass action for that:
take.ms/EDCvr
Mass actions can do it but you need to break it into several pieces too.
Here is a screenshot explaining how to setup the mass action for that:
take.ms/EDCvr
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161860
by dar3d3vil
Replied by dar3d3vil on topic extra service fee at checkout
Great! A did a test of a hundred products and it worked.
In your example you mention "in your second run, you would enter 1000 in that field...". Do you mean 1001? Right? I would do 0-1000, then 1001 to 2000, etc.,etc.
Also, in your example, you suggest 1000 products, but do you think I could do 10,000 at time instead? This way I can 4 rounds instead of 40.
Thanks again for your help!
(>>Insert your most satisfying emoticon here<<)
In your example you mention "in your second run, you would enter 1000 in that field...". Do you mean 1001? Right? I would do 0-1000, then 1001 to 2000, etc.,etc.
Also, in your example, you suggest 1000 products, but do you think I could do 10,000 at time instead? This way I can 4 rounds instead of 40.
Thanks again for your help!
(>>Insert your most satisfying emoticon here<<)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161964
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic extra service fee at checkout
Hi,
No you really have to start the second round from 1000, because we start from 0 and process the first 1000 elements so it is: 0 - 1 - 2 - ... - 998 - 999, there is 1000 elements
10,000 seems to be too much, this setting depend on your server. The more there is things to process at a time more the server can be surcharged.
No you really have to start the second round from 1000, because we start from 0 and process the first 1000 elements so it is: 0 - 1 - 2 - ... - 998 - 999, there is 1000 elements
10,000 seems to be too much, this setting depend on your server. The more there is things to process at a time more the server can be surcharged.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds