Problem with Guest Checkout

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 9 months ago #167693

-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.14
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 7.0.6, Chrome 36.0.1985.143

I am having an issue upgrading a site to teh latest version of Hikashop. I have made a full copy of the original web site with a new Joomla installation and the latest version of Hikashop. The issue I am facing is that with trying to implement a one page guest checkout. I have login and registration set to "guest" and if I include login in my checkout workflow I see an address field but there is no PayPal checkout button. If I remove login from the workflow the PayPal button appears but the address information disappears. How can I get both the address and the PayPal button to be visible on the same screen? I was able to do this on a previous installation visible at www.hopgarland.com/shop/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #167708

some screenshots to better show the problem. Screenshot ss1.png shows the login & registration settings. Settings shown in ss2.png result in the checkout shown in ss3.png where there is a continue to PayPal button but no address section. Settings shown in ss4.png result in the checkout shown in ss5.png where there is an address section but no continue to PayPal button.

• Thank you received: 4006
9 years 9 months ago #167695

Hi,

Guest checkout is not right compatible with the plugin "paypal express checkout".
Because the paypal express checkout plugin send the order data to paypal; it's not HikaShop which manage the order and the checkout, it's paypal.

So, if you want to use the guest checkout, you shouldn't use paypal express checkout but paypal classical.

Regards;

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 9 months ago #167723

I am not using the paypal express checkout, I have the regular paypal checkout enabled. I use the PayPal button to indicate that the next step is on PayPal's site. I want to have address entry at this point because some customers want to ship to a different address to their PayPal validated address ad this gives them the opportunity to do so.

I did just check my settings and noticed that paypal express checkout was enabled but not set up - the only payment method set up is as shown in the attached screenshot. I disabled paypal express checkout but the behaviour of the checkout has not changed - I am still presented with the paypal button or the address section, but not both.

Are you saying that there is no way to ask for an address in Hikashop unless one allows registration? This is not the way Hikashop worked in v2.2.1 as I had been able to see the address section and the checkout button in the checkout.

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by iwanczuk. Reason: garmmar

9 years 9 months ago #167756

Hi,

Due to your screenshot I though you were using paypal express checkout. My fault !

Please change your checkout workflow.
* login + address
* cart + field + shipping

At this moment you will be able to select the shipping method and the guest account (with the address) will be created during the first "step".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 9 months ago #167768

OK, I did what you suggested but now I don't see any button or control to allow me to access the second step of the checkout process. What am I missing now?

Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by iwanczuk.

9 years 9 months ago #167769

Hi,

Please remove your CSS (from your "template.css" file)

.reg_button_wrapper input {
	height: 0;
	width: 0;
}
It hide the button "register".
I guess that's your main problem, you did not see the "register" button to complete the guest checkout registration.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 9 months ago #167772

I just did a quick experiment where I moved login and address to the second step of the checkout., leaving just cart in the first step I then got a button which allowed me to move from step one to step two but then no way of going on from step two. It seems that whenever login and address are included in a step it precludes you seeing a button to continue.

9 years 9 months ago #167786

I had tried that from the browser inspector but all that happens when you click on the register button is that the screen refreshes but you stay on the same page! I have changed the CSS as you requested so that you can more easily see this for yourself. I still don't see how to reach the second stage of the checkout flow. If it would help I am happy to set you up with a Joomla user ID for the site and you can go into it and see what you can do?

9 years 9 months ago #167787

Hi,

I could, so I'm sure you can too.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Attachments:

9 years 9 months ago #167834

The reason I wasn't seeing what you're seeing is that I was using the same email address in the checkout as I have registered as the Joomla administrator and was getting (but not seeing) an error that the email address was already used.

I now see what you are seeing. It seems that I can no longer get a single stage checkout screen as I had with your previous version, I have no choice but to have two steps to the guest checkout now. I'm sure you have very valid reasons why this is the case but it's annoying that the functionality should change so markedly after a release change.

9 years 9 months ago #167847

OK, so I've been looking at this again and have found some disturbing things.

Firstly the delivery address dialogue is ugly as sin and there appears no way in CSS to do much with it. The address contains blank lines and from a UI perspective there is no way to change the look of it and remove these lines unless I edit your code. As the web site developer I want to make the end result look as nice as possible and doing things the way you have implemented them make that difficult.

Secondly. If, at the second screen, I choose "new address" from the pull down selector but instead of entering a new address I select the "X" cancel button. I am left with the selection box saying "- New Address -" If I change this to show the address that was typed in originally then the system automatically show me the thank you for your purchases page. I didn't have to click on the payment button, it just happens. There is no redirection to the PayPal screen but a new order is created.

• Thank you received: 13102
9 years 8 months ago #167866

Hi,

So several things here.

1. Single stage checkout is still possible. Just have the login, cart, payment views on the checkout workflow in one step. The address view without the login view on the checkout workflow never worked properly as it is not meant to work properly so I doubt that it was working before on your website and if it was, then it's not normal, it shouldn't have.

2. The blank lines come from the way you have your address_template view files. Go in the menu Display->Views, edit your address_template view files and remove the unecessary tags for your website.
Also, the address selector can be changed with the "address selector" option of the configuration. Before it was "popup" by default. You can always revert to it if you want.

9 years 8 months ago #167936

Thank you for your clarifications and support.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds