Order number?

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 11 months ago #197571

Hi guys, quick question:

What exactly what does the "order number" field in the checkout menu mean? I can't see any order number in the email I receive upon a completed order, so what purpose does it have?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 11 months ago #197595

Hello,
Are you talking about the "checkout" menu of the "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main" ? If that's the case :

Order number format : This option enables you to set the format of order numbers. It is only available in commercial versions of HikaShop. By default, the order number uses letters and numbers interleaved together. this is represented here with the tag {automatic_code}. If you want to use the order number directly, you can use the tag {id}. In the tag id, you can specify the number of numbers with the size attribute. For example, {id size="5"} will result in 00123 for the order with the id 123. You can also use the date tag in order to insert date information. For example, {date format="m/Y"} will result in 02/11 for an order made in February 2011. You can combine them to generate pretty advanced order numbers like the format RE-{id size="5"}/{date format="m/Y"} used for German accounting which will result in RE-00123/02/11 for the order 123 made on February 2011.

8 years 11 months ago #197662

Thanks for your reply, Mohamed.

It's not what I meant, please see the image below. The payment option plugin that is used is "HikaShop Purchase Order payment plugin", and when I select it, a form appears that needs to be filled in before continuing, but whatever I fill in, I can't see it appearing anywhere, so what does it do?

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 11 months ago #197690

Ok, can you tell me which payment method are you using so that I can directly test it on my end ?

8 years 11 months ago #199795

Hi Mohamed,

I have the same question.
What @Brotha refers is that when you create a payment method using the Purchase Order plugin, and the customer selects this method, (in the checkout) it appears a hidden <div> asking for a number. (see attachment)
What I know is that every company has their own numbering schema for purchase orders, but not anyone uses numbering (it depends on the nature of the product or service you are purchasing via internet or phone call).
So I think it is necessary that this field was not mandatory or even not present (in my case).
Where can I edit this? If you answer "Display>View>xxx " ,please, tell us which line.

Thank you

P.S. edition: I'was wrong :blush: : is mandatory because purchase orders implies obligation...how to say...some kind of contract, and the number is important for charge what they (customer) should pay you.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by alejandrojaramiranda. Reason: corrections and more information

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 11 months ago #199819

Hi,

To not have the field, you can use the payment method "collect on delivery" and rename it to "Purchase order" ;)
it will have the same behaviour.

The following user(s) said Thank You: alejandrojaramiranda

8 years 11 months ago #199953

@Brotha: this number is shown in the "History" of the order (go to your backend>Hikashop>Orders>theorder>at bottom

@Xavier/Mohamed: in the Invoice, at bottom, it is said "Payment Method: Purchase order" but don't mention the number. I think is useful that the Invoice invoke the P.O number: how can edit this invoice template (or view or whatever) and which line should I edit?
And as @Bortha said, the number don't appear in the email, it could be useful appearing there, too.

• Thank you received: 13035
8 years 11 months ago #200018

You can edit the invoice via the menu Display>Views by editing the file "invoice" of the view "order".
You can edit the email via the menu System>Emails.

Such code would be necessary:

<?php $database = JFactory::getDBO();
$query='SELECT * FROM '.hikashop_table('history').' WHERE history_order_id='.$this->order->order_id.' ORDER BY history_created DESC';
$database->setQuery($query);
$history = $database->loadObjectList();
foreach($history as $data){ echo $data->history_data; }
?>

The following user(s) said Thank You: alejandrojaramiranda

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds