Confirmation email not send to customer

• Thank you received: 2
8 years 6 days ago #240398

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.6

Hi,
I have hikashop and hikamarket multivendor (version 1.7.0).
Now when a customer places and order before going to the payment system 2 emails are being send out. 1 to administrator and 1 to the customer. This works all fine.
Once the customer does the payment the status of the order changes to confirmed, but no email is being send to the customer to confirm their payment.
I have turned of some of the plugins like the attach pdf invoice to see if that was the problem. Also restored the email to default (order_status_notification) but it doesnt make a difference. I dont know if it has anything to do with hikamarket multi vendor or something else in hikashop.
If i manually change the order status and say notify customer the emails are send with no problems.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13105
8 years 5 days ago #240418

Hi,

First, please check the Users>email history listing to see if you get the email logged.
If you see it there, it means that it is being sent but rejected by the email server. In that case, you'll have to check the logs of the email server for the reason of why the email wasn't sent.
If you don't see it there, then the problem is with the email itself. Check its settings in the System>Emails (provide screenshots of all its options there).

The following user(s) said Thank You: rkuiper

8 years 5 days ago #240537

Hi,

I have checked the Users->Email which by the way is great feature that i didnt even know about yet, but it said it send it the email out.
Have checked the mailserver logs but couldnt find anything. The weird thing is too the the same email will come through when i change the status and say notify customer. I did remove some attachments that i had with the emails and did payment through PayPal. This actually worked fine. Received all the emails. The payment plugin i am using is cciDeal and am in contact with the developer to see what the problem might be. Since its working with paypal but not iDeal payments.
Thanks for the info and troubleshooting tips.

8 years 4 days ago #240547

Hi,

If you get the email in Users>Email history, I don't think that it comes from the payment method.
It might come from the attachments.
What kind of attachment do you have ?
I would have guessed that it might come from the PDF invoice added by the PDF invoice plugin, but you said you had the problem even without it right ? Do you have other attachments ?

What we do when we have a problem with the emails sending at the server level, is to look at the email logs in live:
mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/20...hecking-the-mail-log
So that way, when we do our email sending test, we can directly see the log of the email server for the sending of that email.
Either the log says that everything is ok, and so the problem is with the receipient email server, or it displays an error which will help you understand what is the problem and what to do.

8 years 3 days ago #240691

Hi,
I do have the Attach PDF Invoice plugin running, but also when going to system->emails with the order status emails i added 2 pdf attachments (terms & conditions and return form).
On the mailserver i can see the order created email going through, but the order status email (confirmation email) there is nothing in the logs. I also checked the PHP error.log but there is nothing in there.
Also reset the order status email, so removed changes i made to it to see if there was an issue in that, but that didnt make a difference either.
What i will do is, since the website is live, copy the website to a test site and take the attachments off and see if it goes through.
Im also talking to the cciDeal developer and he said it should work ok, so i think its best to go back to the test site and start adding changes one by one to see where it goes wrong.

7 years 9 months ago #246435

Hi,
I still have the issues of the confirmation email not being send after payment. I turned all the plugins off and reset the order status emails to default. Still no emails to the customer. In de email log it doesnt show its being send out. It will show the order creation email being send to the customer.

I did find the following error that shows in the attached file.

I dont know if this is stopping the email from being send out?

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by rkuiper.

7 years 9 months ago #246441

Hi,

No, these are just notices not real errors.
So what if you deactivate the PDF invoice plugin ? Does it work ?
What if you keep it activated but deactivate the email log plugin ? Does it work ?
If both plugins are deactivated and it still doesn't work, then either the problem is with:
- the payment plugin itself ( you could do a test with a paypal merchant account and the paypal plugin to see if it works )
- the email is deactivated in System>emails.

The following user(s) said Thank You: rkuiper

7 years 9 months ago #247701

Hi Nicolas,

I have done some extensive testing with the different payment plugins and did find out the ccIdeal plugin is basically working correctly up to the point where the email needs to be send to the customer, that they have made their payment.
I ended up with a different payment plugin from JD Ideal, since after sending emails to the developer of ccIdeal i didnt get a response.
Your response was really helpfull in finding the problem.
Thanks,
Roger

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds