Create checkboxes that need to be ticked during checkout

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 6 months ago #298949

-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.13

During checkout I would like my customers to confirm that they agree with my T&Cs (checkbox with text like you agree to our T&Cs with a link in there that either goes to a page or a pdf to download) the GDPR so that we can store there data (checkbox with text like you agree with our GDPR with a link in there that either goes to a page or a pdf to download) and because we sell digital product (elearning/ebooks) a checkbox that they wat there possibility to step back from the sale (14 day period) and get their digital product direct (only text with checkbox). The problem is when they do not check this box we need to wait with 'sending' the product for 14 days.
all these choices also need to be stored in the DB with date/time/ip/user so we can proof if needed. Also this information must be available in the solution for 'show data what is stored based on the GDPR).
If the first 2 are not ticked there must be shown an error with you need to agree to T&C or GDPR. Because the setup will be multilingual I need to set different text and links.
Is this possible? How can I set this up.
The system is not live yet, we are currently in the setup phase

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 6 months ago #298953

Hi,

You can create custom fields of the table "order" via the menu Display>Custom fields. These can be displayed during the checkout.
You can use one of the type "checkbox" for the checkbox and you can potentially use one for extra text with the "custom text" type.
Also, with the title of the value of the checkbox, you can use a translation key and then translate it in each language and in the translation, you can also use HTML in order to have the link to the PDF or joomla article.
The information of the checkbox checked or not will be stored in the order when the order is created and you'll get the order creation date/time and the order user IP address as proof.
Note that you can have the checkboxes required or not with the custom field "required" setting.
However, if you have one custom field for each checkbox, the required will apply to each one individually.
If you want to have the required to apply to two checkboxes at once so that the requirement is "at least one must be checked", then you have to have the two checkboxes in the same custom field.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yuukimc

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 6 months ago #299001

ok thanks. will try that.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds